Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

23 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

You are right, IPs are driving the industry now. But whos to say that a film like Baby Driver cant have a female lead? Succesfull franchises all had a first installment at some point that gave moviegoers something new, inventive and thrilling. From Die Hard, Lethal Weapon or Rocky to the big ones like SW, Jurassic Park or James Bond. And i want to see films with female leads that can start a franchise like these ones. What i dont want is a James Bond movie where we have Jane Bond. Because that is fucking lazy.

They certainly can, my general point is if male lead movie have access to a giant franchise bank and not woman, in this currently very franchise oriented world, it would put them quite at the disadvantage. There was giant one 50 shades, hunger games, etc... I am not saying you cannot start new franchise without using franchise that had a male protagonist in the past.

But that closing the door to a FuryRoad would be bad and would put them quite at the disadvantage  (but that is not what you are saying, because FuryRoad felt like an organic process, the resources shifting from gasoline to woman able to bread genetically ok people it became harder to do it with Max staying a male protagonist).

Has long has one has the same attitude when we have a Star wars 11 and Jurassic park 5... that is just lazy and wish today people would start their franchise and not just some special case when a race/gender switch occur, I do not think there is nothing wrong with that.

6 minutes ago, WeneedtotalkaboutKevin said:

"MCU having a Good Dinosaur situation" Not under KEVIN's watch. It happens only when KEVIN retires.

I think The Incredible Hulk was MCU's Good Dinosaur.

Didn't TIH flop? Budget: 150 million.  It made 134 million domestic and 128 million overseas.  Total: 262 million worldwide.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pure Spirit said:

Titanic is the movie that got me interested in the box office in the first place.

jUIJGcF.jpg

Assuming you are not another Avatar of @IronJimbo @JamesCameronScholar @Lothar  you are gonna have a great time with these James Cameron fanboys. By the way, welcome to BOT

5 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Didn't TIH flop? Budget: 150 million.  It made 134 million domestic and 128 million overseas.  Total: 262 million worldwide.

TIH is not really part of the mcu since they got rid of the actor

So It doesn't count, The MCU is still flawless :bravo: 

Edited by RealLyre
word

4 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

So It doesn't count the MCU is still flawless :bravo: 

MCU is one of the greatest achievements of humanity. No little SHIT is allowed to stain it.

Edited by WeneedtotalkaboutKevin
e
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

would have gone along with that if stark didn't appear in it :P

4 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

I guess Solo isn’t apart of Star Wars, as the actor wont be in another Star Wars movie

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Pure Spirit said:

Thanks! Long time lurker, just registered. So far enjoying my opening weekend.

f8Po3vf.png

To any trade publication, feel free to steal my clickbait headline: "Solo: A Star Wars Story beats Avatar's domestic opening weekend."

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Yup and funny how people keep forgetting this.

Hell Cap 1 (considered a hit at the time) didn’t even cross 400 million! Boy times have changed. Now if Captain Marvel or Ant-Man 2 only finish in the 600s, people will argue they’re underperforming because recent MCU (super) success has spoiled people.

5 minutes ago, water said:

wait this is LITERALLY the first time i've ever heard that tony stark was in the incredible hulk movie. am i back in the bearenstain universe

Are you kidding me? They ran TV spots at the time selling that cameo!

12 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

As a local Marvel hack that local DCEU fans despise because I don’t hold back on criticism (true) and think I hate everything they stan (not true) let me tell you:

(1) TIH is MCU canon

(2) it’s maybe the most generic spandex movie I saw until JUSTICE LEAGUE happened. It’s not good. 

You can be a fan of something and admit some things about it blow. See Trek fans agreeing generally that “Spock’s Brain” is garbage in so many ways.

2 minutes ago, RRA said:

Yup and funny how people keep forgetting this.

Hell Cap 1 (considered a hit at the time) didn’t even cross 400 million! Boy times have changed. Now if Captain Marvel or Ant-Man 2 only finish in the 600s, people will argue they’re underperforming because recent MCU (super) success has spoiled people.

People are not going to consider Ant-Man a failure or under performer if it makes 600+ mil. You are exaggerating. Now Captain Marvel is going to be expected to hit at least 750mil because Superhero movies starring women in the 2010's is still rare and it should generate more interest for that very reason. 

• Like 1

Just waded through about 20 pages of people saying they disliked TLJ for non-racist reasons and getting called racist, hoping to find some rare gem of actually good box office content, and the only glimmer of hope was @baumer analysis of sequels opening ~2x+ their predecessor.     

I honestly think that a part of any "Star Wars fatigue" at the moment is related to discussions about it devolving into nonsense like this and that forming a negative association with people even though it isn't directly related to the movies themselves.

Just now, Zakiyyah6 said:

People are not going to consider Ant-Man a failure or under performer if it makes 600+ mil. You are exaggerating. Now Captain Marvel is going to be expected to hit at least 750mil because Superhero movies starring women in the 2010's is still rare and it should generate more interest for that very reason. 

At least huh? What if it does more OS but less domestic than that certain other movie? And to think just 2 years ago Dr Strange finished in the 600s and we considered that good.