Water Bottle

Ocean's 8 Weekend Thread | O8: 41.5...Solo 15.1...DP2: 13.6...Hereditary: 13.0

So, if Wed is $100K and we assume the 4pms got another $300-$400K, it's probably a normal preview number of $3.5M to use for multipliers...it's good, but not great, so I'm thinking this is still gonna stay in the "expected tracking" numbers for the OW...it's good to see tracking might actually hit a movie this summer after blowing DP2 partly and then Solo spectacularly...

• Like 2

So I'm on my way to NYC for the weekend to look at wedding venues and the correct way to go about this is just nod my head in agreement with everything my fiancé says, correct? 

:sparta:

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

Just now, Nova said:

So I'm on my way to NYC for the weekend to look at wedding venues and the correct way to go about this is just nod my head in agreement with everything my fiancé says, correct? 

Right up until you see the quote for the price. 

:hahaha:

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

If Hereditary follows ICAN

$1.3M

$4.6M (including previews)

$3.8M

$2.6M

$11M OW

Might be doing my math wrong, but with WOM seemingly better, it does seem like a double digit opening is safe.

Just now, CoolEric258 said:

If Hereditary follows ICAN

$1.3M

$4.6M (including previews)

$3.8M

$2.6M

$11M OW

Might be doing my math wrong, but with WOM seemingly better, it does seem like a double digit opening is safe.

WOM is significantly better than ICAN. That audience score was at 53% when previews were rolling in vs 65% for Hereditary

4 minutes ago, Nova said:

Wedding venues in NYC? damn, that's gonna be pricey.

• Thanks 1

Regardless of WOM, those previews pretty much guarantee a double digit opening for Hereditary. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Friday close to 6-7

Given the weird times, I’d say that Oceans number puts it in the same position as Ghostbusters going into the weekend. Obviously comps aren’t easy but I’m going to guess 43M until we get a Friday number

The preview number pretty much guarantees that Oceans opens above 40 million and most likely in the same range as Ghostbusters. I knew people were getting carried away with the sub 40 predictions. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Nova said:

Ooh ooh, they have a special place in NY, very close to the piers in lower manhattan, called “Dialogue In The Dark”. There, visually disabled people, take you to a tour of various mock up locations (like subway, central park, supermarket, etc) in this huge dark room where u cant even see 1%. Amazing experience and something everyone should experience if they can. 

How cool would a wedding be in that place. And how many shenanigans would ensue. 😝

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Regardless of WOM, those previews pretty much guarantee a double digit opening for Hereditary. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Friday close to 6-7

Given the weird times, I’d say that Oceans number puts it in the same position as Ghostbusters going into the weekend. Obviously comps aren’t easy but I’m going to guess 43M until we get a Friday number

I feel like Oceans will skew older and be a bit less frontloaded than Ghostbusters. I think high 40’s could happen. 

• Like 1

Hotel Artemis had close to zero marketing campaign (legit the only marketing I ever saw for it was a random digital billboard for it along I-95 earlier this week, of all things), so I'm not surprised it's looking to make close to nothing.

• Like 2

I was very pleasantly surprised with Ocean's 8's number at 1st...... but then I read "4PM start" + the Wednesday 100K, and that kinda diluted it big time. A "traditional" Thursday start would be at around 3.5 to 3.3 type thing, right around the range of the Ghostbusters reboot's 3.4M. Still a good number, nothing wrong with it, and makes it very likely that it opens in the 38-42M range, depending on how backloaded it is on Friday vs Sat.

Hereditary's number, however, is f'n awesome. Double digit opening is extremely probable, if not a lock (it wouldn't be if it had It Comes At Night wom, but it doesn't seem like it does), and I think that would be a 1st for A24. With a 10M budget, this is gonna be profitable, for sure. Yay for quality horror.

Hotel Artemis.... yikes. Isn't that the same or less as Action Point last week? AP cost 19M and it's a megabomb, so who knows regarding this.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 2