Water Bottle

Ocean's 8 Weekend Thread | O8: 41.5...Solo 15.1...DP2: 13.6...Hereditary: 13.0

I don't see Disney stepping in when the home video release being when it was killed an otherwise locked 700. If they really cared about that, they would have waited like a whopping two more weeks for home video (hell even just one more week probably would have sufficed). Clearly they don't care about 700. 

• Like 1

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

I don't see Disney stepping in when the home video release being when it was killed an otherwise locked 700. If they really cared about that, they would have waited like a whopping two more weeks for home video (hell even just one more week probably would have sufficed). Clearly they don't care about 700. 

BP will hit 700m , either labor day weekend re-release or Oscar push in December

• Like 1

22 hours ago, mathemetrics said:

last week had the first C-cinemascore in months with the C+ for Action Point

this week kept up the pace with the two worst cinemascores of the year.  here are all the reported ones so far.

Black Panther - A+

Imagine - A+

Love - A+

12 Strong - A

Avengers - A

Deadpool - A

Miracle Season - A

Paddington - A

Sgt. Stubby - A

Acrimony - A-

Book Club - A-

God's Not Dead - A-

Overboard - A-

Midnight Sun - A-

Peter Rabbit - A-

Rampage - A-

RP1 - A-

Solo - A-

50 Shades - B+

AQP - B+

Death Wish - B+

Den of Thieves - B+

Every Day - B+

Game Night - B+

I Feel Pretty - B+

Maze Runner - B+

Oceans Eight - B+

Proud Mary - B+

Sherlock Gnomes - B+

Super Troopers - B+

Adrift - B

Blockers - B

Breaking In - B

Chappaquiddick - B

Commuter - B

Early Man - B

Life of Party - B

Pacific Rim - B

Red Sparrow - B

Tomb Raider - B

Wrinkle in Time - B

15:17 to Paris - B-

Bad Samaritan - B-

Hurricane Heist - B-

Insidious 4 - B-

Truth or Dare - B-

Unsane - B-

Winchester - B-

Action Point - C+

Gringo - C+

Annihilation - C

Strangers: Prey - C

Hotel Artemis - C-

Hereditary - D+

these are unreported:

Forever My Girl

Isle of Dogs

Paul, Apostle

Samson

Traffik

Tully

Upgrade

I went ahead and took the cinemascores of all the 2017 films in major release from Jan 1st to the 2nd week after MLK weekend.

A Dog's Purpose - A

Beauty and the Beast - A

Fate of the Furious - A

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 - A

Megan Leavey - A

Monster Trucks - A

Power Rangers - A

The Shack - A

The Smurfs - A

Wonder Woman - A

Born in China - A-

The Boss Baby - A-

Everything, Everything - A-

Get Out - A-

John Wick 2 - A-

Lego Batman - A-

Logan - A-

Pirates of the Caribbean 5 - A-

The Promise - A-

Space Between Us - A-

XxX - A-

Baywatch - B+

Captain Underpants - B+

Fifty Shades Darker - B+

Going in Style - B+

King Arthur - B+

Kong: Skull Island - B+

Rock Dog - B+

Sleepless - B+

Split - B+

Underworld 4 - B+

Alien: Covenant - B

Before I Fall - B

Diary of a Wimpy Kid 4 - B

Fist Fight - B

Ghost in the Shell - B

The Great Wall - B

Resident Evil 5 - B

Snatched - B

CHIPS - B-

The Mummy - B-

A Cure for Wellness - C+

Collide - C+

Life - C+

The Bye Bye Man - C

Unforgettable - C

Phoenix Forgotten - C-

Rings - C-

The Circle - D+

It Comes At Night - D

these are unreported:

The Belko Experiment

The Case for Christ

Free Fire

How to be a Latin Lover

1 minute ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

BP will hit 700m , either labor day weekend re-release or Oscar push in December

And I just don't know that they'll care enough about 700 for that. A full on re-release requires a lot of effort on their part. Again, why not just have held off on the home video release for a week or two? We are talking about a studio that literally left a movie forever at $99.97m after all. Maybe for the Oscar push I guess, though I'd think that would be more driven by them wanting to remind the Academy of it than getting 700.

14 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Why would it average 20k per day for the next month? It's already down to 38k on a Friday, it will be well below 20k every weekday of the upcoming week. 

PG family films aren't comparable to other films for late legs. They're completely different beasts. If you don't believe me, just look at how little even Jumanji has made since it got down to a couple hundred theaters two months ago (about 600k), and that has way more family appeal than BP. 

animated/family/kid friendly films winding down in their last weeks during June gradually start to see lighter declines during progressing weekdays.  If certain film stays in ~150 theaters, it should gain small #s.  

35 minutes ago, lilmac said:

@sfran43

@mathemetrics

@eddyxx

@Moviefanatic

@Wrath

You guys poo-pooed me a few weeks ago when I said I didn't see how Black Panther hits $700m without intervention from Disney. It's even more apparent now. 

You didn’t say without Disney in your original post did you?

Don't give a shit if it gets there with or without Disney. It just needs to get there 

Edited by Moviefanatic

I don't think Disney cares about $700, but they aren't going to pull the movie while it's bringing in money. And it seems to me it should crawl over.

I do think they care about Wrinkle making to $100, but that looks extremely unlikely at this point.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, harrycaul said:

I don't think Disney cares about $700, but they aren't going to pull the movie while it's bringing in money. And it seems to me it should crawl over.

I do think they care about Wrinkle making to $100, but that looks extremely unlikely at this point.

They've already tried by giving it double features with  AIW & Solo and a 1600 theater expansion in between.  I think it's time to call it day unless they want to go Sony/SPECTRE flagrant.

5 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

They've already tried by giving it double features with  AIW & Solo and a 1600 theater expansion in between.  I think it's time to call it day unless they want to go Sony/SPECTRE flagrant.

Yeah, enough is enough for WiT. It will literally be the most cringey and shameless fudge job ever if they get it there. Basically 5% of it’s total gross will be fudge at that point.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Yeah, enough is enough for WiT. It will literally be the most cringey and shameless fudge job ever if they get it there. Basically 5% of it’s total gross will be fudge at that point.

Trans4mers is one of my favorite fudgejobs, one of the few times Rth came out and said that the OW was significantly, shamelessly fudged up. By several million

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Trans4mers is one of my favorite fudgejobs, one of the few times Rth came out and said that the OW was significantly, shamelessly fudged up. By several million

Mine to. A legendary weekend. And the way they corrected it the first few weekdays were like watching Picasso painting a new masterpeace.. It was priceless

• Like 3