kayumanggi

The King's Man | December 22 2021 | Fox | Delayed again | Comes to Hulu/Disney+ February 18

33 minutes ago, Menor said:

Heh, I wasn't too interested in this despite really enjoying the first two (yes even the second was fun for me), but hopefully it is indeed very good. 

The backlash towards Golden Circle is something I will never understand. It has all the same elements that worked in the first movie, with some hilarious Elton John sequences thrown in. Outside of some janky pacing, how can people not love something like that?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Eric the Big Red Dog said:

The backlash towards Golden Circle is something I will never understand. It has all the same elements that worked in the first movie, with some hilarious Elton John sequences thrown in. Outside of some janky pacing, how can people not love something like that?

Yeah, when I watched it, it felt like a slightly messier version but still a lot of fun. I didn't quite understand why people drew the line at certain parts in the second and not the first. 

I am wondering what the hell the Kingmen mission is going to be in this. If it's either 

A.Stop World War One from starting or

B. Stop Rasputin and keep the Russian Revolution from happening they are, unless they are going full scale "Magnificne  Bestards/Once Upon A Time In Holllywood" alternate history they are going to fail miserably.

6 hours ago, Eric the Big Red Dog said:

It has some fun scenes but it's structurally a mess which makes it drag.  Worse offender - Channing could be cut out of the movie and it would be the same - they essentially start the movie twice which makes the second time draaaaag.

8 hours ago, Eric the Big Red Dog said:

Ryan just put King's Man on his Letterboxd, so when you put two and two together...

Man, it'd be great if this movie turns out to be awesome.

But I feel like it'll be too little too late. The 36 different trailers and release dates, as well as coming out right next to Spiderman and on the same day as The Matrix (another R rated action movie), is really gonna kill this movie at the box office. Have no idea which idiot at Disney put this movie on the Christmas date with those movies.

Won't even get any PLFs I imagine right? Should've come out in September or early next year

And I also think the 2nd movie was brand damagingly bad. It really feels like no one cares about this property anymore. A prequel without the characters we grew to like obviously was at a major disadvantage anyway, but coming off of the 2nd movie that people do not look fondly on is also a detriment 

Edited by Pinacolada

On 11/10/2021 at 2:52 PM, Eric Madrigal said:

Yeah, like I'll freely admit its not perfect but overall it does pretty much everything that made the first one so popular but for some reason, everyone decided to hate those elements. 

I totally understand if the constant violence, casual sexism, and bleak mean-spirited sense of humour didn't appeal to new fans, but the people who liked the first one getting up in arms about it in Golden Circle really baffled me. 

It's not like those elements weren't in the first one too.

I'll answer as someone who loves the first one and dislikes the second:

The first movie was ridiculous and zany. The second was just stupid.

The Statesman were completely wasted imo. The biggest problem was Julianne Moore's villain and her lair. It was dumb as fuck. Robot dogs, human meat hamburgers. Get the fuck out. Shit sucked.

I think it says a lot that Matthew Vaughn and company were talking about how they were gonna make 7 Kingsman projects (like kingsman 3, spinoffs, TV shows, whatever), and now Vaughn has just moved on to make Argylle "the next giant action franchise. They probably know the damage Kingsman 2 did and know that there's 0 hype for The King's Man after 2 years of delays. Vaughn has done like 0 press for this movie. It feels like everyone is just moving on, even though I hope and think this movie will be good. But it's box office prospects are fucked

I still don't understand why this was delayed from its February 14, 2020 release date in the first place, when it had already had 2 trailers released.

Edited by Pinacolada

52 minutes ago, Pinacolada said:

I still don't understand why this was delayed from its February 14, 2020 release date in the first place, when it had already had 2 trailers released.

That was one week after Birds of Prey, guessing they were afraid it would be completely overshadowed back when everyone thought that movie was gonna be a much bigger deal than it ended up being.