Asyulus

INCREDIBLES 2 Weekend |🏆| ACTUALS: 182.7M OW | O8 19M, Tag 14.9M, Solo 10M, DP2 8.7M, IW 5.4M

7 hours ago, bladels said:

Good luck Sfran :)

Btw, why in first world countries, people need to go under general anesthesia to take wisdom teeth out?

I remember when I had mine out, I drove myself to the clinic, had all 4 teeth out in 1 sitting with just local anesthesia in about 20 minutes (and that with 2 teeth categorized as "difficult", they had to cut them in half to take them out) and then I drove myself to class.

That is also based on what the person wants, most people don't want just a local anesthesia and rather spend hours there than just thirty minutes.

You aren't supposed to drive after getting an anesthesia....

I think legs are going to be on the short and skinny side for I2. Figure demand is front loaded because many plan to see JP this weekend so want to make sure they see I2 first, and also IMO the film is mediocre so WOM will not be strong. 

Still, in nominal dollars it will gross more in its first week than the first film made in its DOM run, a tribute to the enduring appreciation for that outstanding film 

Edited by estebanJ
  • ...wtf 5

2 minutes ago, estebanJ said:

I think legs are going to be on the short and skinny side for I2. Figure demand is front loaded because many plan to see JP this weekend so want to make sure they see I2 first, and also IMO the film is mediocre so WOM will not be strong

Still, in nominal dollars it will gross more in its first week than the first film made in its DOM run, a tribute to the enduring appreciation for that outstanding film 

it literally has an A+ cinemascore

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 5

11 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

Personally, I thought the film was abhorrent. Nothing like tis predecessor. But if it managed an A+ CinemaScore, what can I say? I guess it will have good WOM.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

I think that is inflated - people think they are expected to like it. Heck Solo got an A- and nobody actually likes it.

Edited by estebanJ
  • Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

1 minute ago, estebanJ said:

I think that is inflated - people think they are expected to like it. Heck Solo got an A- and nobody actually likes it.

I mean ok but no film with an A+ cinemascore has ever had bad legs so what does your opinion have to do with predicting its run?

• Like 2

Just now, Rebeccas said:

I mean ok but no film with an A+ cinemascore has ever had bad legs so what does your opinion have to do with predicting its run?

He didn't like it therefore nobody actually does. Airtight case right there.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

Patriots Day

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

Well, if this is a case where the A+ score isn't "real", then the prediction that follows is .... short skinny legs. 

Edited by SteveJaros

46 minutes ago, estebanJ said:

I think legs are going to be on the short and skinny side for I2. Figure demand is front loaded because many plan to see JP this weekend so want to make sure they see I2 first, and also IMO the film is mediocre so WOM will not be strong. 

28 minutes ago, estebanJ said:

:winomg::winomg::winomg::wintf::wintf::wintf:

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, estebanJ said:

A- in CS terms is completely different than an A+ or even an A. 

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, estebanJ said:

and also IMO the film is mediocre so WOM will not be strong. 

The only remotely negative thing I have heard about this movie is there is one scene with flashing/strobe lights; and if you or your kids are sensitive to that, to be advised. 

55 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I’ve been quiet, been at Alton Towers riding the rollercoasters all weekend. 

And when cartoons are the only big release or at number 1, it bores me lol. 

Why? Probably one of the better movies of the summer, not that it has much competition.