Asyulus

INCREDIBLES 2 Weekend |🏆| ACTUALS: 182.7M OW | O8 19M, Tag 14.9M, Solo 10M, DP2 8.7M, IW 5.4M

16 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I’ve seen it consistently on Pulse and MT’s top5 and @Porthos‘ sales reports look promising

:thinking:

17 hours ago, Porthos said:

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Greater Sacramento Area Seat Report: T-7 Days and counting

Sellouts

Showings

Seats left

Total Seats

Perct Sold

TOTALS

17.68%

Total Seats Sold Today:             122

.2277x as many tickets sold as Infinity War 7 days before release. (IW had 19 more days of pre-sales)

.5482x as many tickets sold as Black Panther 7 days before release (BP had 16 more days of pre-sales) 

.5972x as many tickets sold as Deadpool 2  7 days before release (DP2 had one plus more days of pre-sales) 

.5314x as many tickets sold as Solo 7 days before release pre-sales (Solo had 20 days of pre-sales compared to JW:FK's 22 days of presales)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Jonwo said:

Worthy of a thread ban or two!

Or ppl could just stop breathlessly replying to it

It's generally harmless, not sure why folks jump straight to the banhammer

3 minutes ago, Nova said:

Can someone explain to me why a sequel to a $600M+ movie would not be presales heavy? 

I think it's an issue of JW not being a real sequel but rather a reboot, and the other sequels in the franchise being way too old to be relevant box office comps. So we've never had a true sequel in the franchise in relevant times, therefore some are just assuming the franchise can't be frontloaded based on how a reboot performed. Maybe they'll be right, but again box office tendencies are against it. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Chaz said:

2018 - Pixar

2017 - Illumination

2016 - Pixar

2015 - Pixar 

2014 - Dreamworks

2013 - Illumination

2012 - Pixar

2011 - Pixar

2010 - Pixar 

2009 - Pixar 

Pixar has won the summer animated crown for seven of the last ten summers.

True, but Disney never schedules WDAS films in the summer. 

Would be nice to see them go for it again considering what TLK was able to do in the summer. 

Edited by MovieMan89

4 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I think it's an issue of JW not being a real sequel but rather a reboot, and the other sequels in the franchise being way too old to be relevant box office comps. So we've never had a true sequel in the franchise in relevant times, therefore some are just assuming the franchise can't be frontloaded based on how a reboot performed. Maybe they'll be right, but again box office tendencies are against it. 

I mean I don't think JW2 will be as front loaded as a CBM but all this talk about it being walk up heavy and that it's presales don't matter literally goes against everything we know about box office. 

At the end of the day, we live in a day and age where almost every movie is relying on advanced sales. Where people expect walk ups and the walk ups never happen because advanced ticketing has taken over to much a larger degree and every single year we see films become more presales heavy. I don't see why JW2 is the exception to this. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:
55 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

170m? That’s a good number but I expected more seeing as it’s a 14 year in the making sequel and benefiting from the peak of superhero movies (IW). 

On 3/20/2018 at 7:39 AM, GraceRandolph said:

Lol people are overrhyping Incredibles here. The first movie wasn’t good and outside of random Twitter fans no one really asked for a sequel. The general audience doesn’t really care - hence why the first movie is one of Pixar’s lowest grossing ones.   I see this doing 200-300 million domestically TOPS. 

Trolling is not an easy jobs.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

True, but Disney never schedules WDAS films in the summer. 

Would be nice to see them go for it again considering what TLK was able to do in the summer. 

The last WDAS film released in the summer was Lilo and Stitch in 2002. (Winnie the Pooh released in 2011, though). The following year, they released their first summer Pixar film: Finding Nemo.

Edited by Chaz

7 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Solo and DP2 are both far more front loaded lol

DP1 wasn't .  DP2 was since it was a sequel - well so is JW:FK

Even if DP2 is twice as front loaded as JW:FK it's numbers aren't looking great for a sequel to a $208m opener.

In Europe, all major territories except Bayona's Spain the o/w decreased by 30-40% .  The same drops would mean a $125- 145m o/w

Just now, Chaz said:

The last WDAS film released in the summer was Lilo and Stitch in 2002. The following year, they released their first summer Pixar film: Finding Nemo.

I will always be a little bitter over Moana not getting Cars 3's date. Movie could have killed it in the summer, especially with DM3 not being all that strong DOM. 

4 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I will always be a little bitter over Moana not getting Cars 3's date. Movie could have killed it in the summer, especially with DM3 not being all that strong DOM

I'm going to disagree the holiday period seems to be a lot better for movies that focus heavily on songs in general than Summer. 

Also it wasn't noted in the Thursday thread but as of Thursday Fox is the first studio to surpass Black Panther's Domestic gross.

• Haha 2