Asyulus

INCREDIBLES 2 Weekend |🏆| ACTUALS: 182.7M OW | O8 19M, Tag 14.9M, Solo 10M, DP2 8.7M, IW 5.4M

17 minutes ago, CJohn said:

JW2 is barely gonna do 100M OW if that. I am thinking 90-95M right now. There is no hype.

Jurassic World is everywhere! Marketing is up the roof! I’d say $120-$145 million OW for it. It looks much better than Solo.

other than that the new releases(pre July bloodbath) will underperform.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Incredibles 2 will definitely target older teens/adults a lot more than Shrek, I’m sorry.  Nearly 14 years between the films.  If you were 8 when the original came out, you’d be 22 now.  If you were 8 when Shrek came out, you’d be 11 when Shrek 2 came out.  It’s just not a good comparison.

Wrong. Shrek 2 was just insanely popular.

4 minutes ago, Nova said:

Also I don't know if anyone is interested in Solo and DP2 Numbers but Solo is looking at a 41% drop and DP2 is looking at 35% drop. If the numbers hold that's a solid weekend for both films given their Thursday holds. *Btw I'm guessing Hereditary is going under $7M for the weekend as Deadline has Superfly in 6th with a $7M weekend. From Deadline: 

Disney’s Solo: A Star Wars Story will file 4th with $9.2M at 3,182, -41% in weekend 4 with a running total by Sunday of $192.9M. 20th Century Fox’s Deadpool 2 in 5th looks to make $9.17M, -35% in weekend 5 at 3,212 for a total of $295M.

I'd like to see the Friday numbers before I believe that.  Solo had a lot of double bills with I2 and Sunday should be better to it than DP2.

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

I'd like to see the Friday numbers before I believe that.  Solo had a lot of double bills with I2 and Sunday should be better to it than DP2.

I'm sure their estimates are based off of (early) Friday numbers. But they're not taking into account that Solo has double bills with I2 throughout the weekend and will have a better Sunday hold than DP2. I wouldn't be shocked to see Solo do $10M+.  

5 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Could a live-action remake of The Incredibles set in in the MCU beat Avatar 2? :sarah:

An animated sequel to 2004’s Incredibles will beat Avatar 2 (domestically, at least) :ph34r:

• Like 1

I'm more of a Marvel fan, but I'll say I think this actually has a shot at going past infinity war and black panther both.  It's an animated opening in June...

As for this weekend and the Saturday bump - it may be decent as not all school systems are out yet. Today was the last day of school here in Fairfax County

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

@a2k and @MrGlass2let us form a prayer circle that DP2 gets the hold that Deadline is predicting (if not better :ph34r:

My "personal" goal (which is a bit silly, but that is what this forum is for) was $300M, so I am already pleased enough about D2's run.

But hey, I'll join you (for the club). 🙏

• Thanks 1

Just now, MrGlass2 said:

My "personal" goal (which is a bit silly, but that is what this forum is for) was $300M, so I am already pleased enough about D2's run.

But hey, I'll join you (for the club). 🙏

I mean I had it at $260M after its second weekend collapse and yet here we are 

:sparta: