Eric Loves Rey

Little Women | December 25 2019 | Sony | Greta Gerwig directs | 24th Most Profitable Movie of 2019

7 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Hustlers was also sold as a fun "girls night out" movie. Don't think that's gonna be happening for a movie about Fox News.

If 13m trailers + decent review + star power can't have 100m in pocket in the end, the cinema is truly in danger.

If a movie about Financial crisis with more much technical issue like Big short can gross 70m, a movie about Fox news with clear antagonist should be more accessible. 

2 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

If 13m trailers + decent review + star power can't have 100m in pocket in the end, the cinema is truly in danger.

We've had plenty of original/adult-oriented titles both succeed and falter this year alone. I highly doubt Bombshell being one of those that doesn't make it would be the end of the world.

A lot of women I know are treating this like an event film. I know my mom and sister are seeing it together and I think both are seeing it again separately with friends and what not. This should do pretty well this Christmas.

16 hours ago, JB33 said:

A lot of women I know are treating this like an event film. I know my mom and sister are seeing it together and I think both are seeing it again separately with friends and what not. This should do pretty well this Christmas.

yep but like most movies that skew female, aren't franchise and don't have wizz bang, it's underestimated on BOT except by posters who see over 100M potential. Which is there. beloved book, popular cast, great previews, great reviews soon.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Valonqar said:

yep but like most movies that skew female, aren't franchise and don't have wizz bang, it's underestimated on BOT except by posters who see over 100M potential. Which is there. beloved book, popular cast, great previews, great reviews soon.

Yep, and the other thing is it's a film that could play very well throughout January rather than sort of peter out after Christmas holidays.

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 11:48 AM, filmlover said:

Bombshell feels like a modest performer at best tbh (and will have less commercial appeal than this given that this is PG and the other is R). Vice sorta flopped last Christmas and that movie ended up maxing out its Oscar nom potential. Remains to be seen if Bombshell is anywhere nearly as polarizing as that movie was but even so, numbers similar to The Big Short feel like the best case scenario (and that's assuming it gets stellar reviews).

Problem Bombshell has we just has a mini series this summer pretty much covering the exact same material. 

On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 8:49 AM, Ithil said:

Don't base anything on the Globes.

The studio probaby did not throw big enough parties for "Little Women"......that being standard joke about the GGs. The studio that throws the best parties for a film wins.

The GOlden Globes are a joke, frankly. Have been for a long time. Hollywood regards them as maybe useful for a little publicity  'Winner of X Golden Globes" but otherwise has little respect for the GGs.

These are the awards that considered "The Martian" to be a comedy, remember?

Edited by dudalb

This is also been performing horribly at the gills this week even missing best costumes today. If Saks on a braces movie tomorrow then it's a wrap. It may or may not get a Best Picture nod but best director, best screenplay, and even some acting awards are definitely looking very iffy