YM!

Weekend Thread | Hotel 3 $44.1 Skyscraper 25.4, Ant Man’s size does matter with $28.8M

5 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Real Cruise too, which is a decisive factor.

I didn't wanna open that can of worms since it is debatable whether or not Cruise is a real human, or rather just some kind of alien stunt robot.

• Like 4
  • ...wtf 1

9 minutes ago, aabattery said:

I didn't wanna open that can of worms since it is debatable whether or not Cruise is a real human, or rather just some kind of alien stunt robot.

Alien stunt robot?

Is that user name taken?

It is still a 20m+ openner, still not easy at all to do with a non-ip, non sequel movie for a star that can sell intl and could still easily do something like

22.5m * 3.1  / .26 = 268m, achieving to more than double the $129m budget. When that is your "lows", thing are going quite well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jake Gittes said:

That'd be an unprecedented PTA collapse. I imagine the reviews and WOM from the past week will drive it higher. 

Judging by the walkouts during my showing, that’s going to be a no. I cannot imagine how WOM will be anything but horrible for the film. I wasn’t joking when I said it was fucked up. General audiences are going to hate the last third of the movie, possibly almost as much as they hated mother!

Edited by LonePirate
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Barnack said:

It is still a 20m+ openner, still not easy at all to do with a non-ip, non sequel movie for a star that can sell intl and could still easily do something like

22.5m * 3.1  / .26 = 268m, achieving to more than double the $129m budget. When that is your "lows", thing are going quite well.

I think we have to wait for the Chinese release before declaring that Skyscraper is a flop. Some people think it could do $150M there, and since it is a Chinese (co?)production...

Edited by MrGlass2

Just now, MrGlass2 said:

I think we have to wait for the Chinese release before declaring that Skyscraper is a flop. Some people think it could do $150M there, and since it is a Chinese (co?)production...

I am curious if it achieved the different higher revenue retention rate and considered a co-production, I think Pacific Rim 2 didn't qualify, it is not just being financed by Chinese company that matter, but how much of the cast&crew/spending was made in china also I think.

But yeah it could easily have an over 100m in China type of performance (good release date and during an Hollywood black out so no direct competition) and turn this around.

• Thanks 1

I expected this to be a neck and neck race! I knew Marvel's loyal fanbase was gonna be a problem to Rock, but he'd be a close third, or even beat Ant-Man's second weekend. He's getting SMOKED here...never mind HT3, the #1, but Ant-Man's second frame.

This cant be good for what was The Rock's growing rep as a leading man.  Even Rampage...beating A Quiet Place by a fingernail for #1 sounds impressive, until its divulged to you that it was AQP's SECOND weekend. AQP rebounded to beat Rampage in the following weekdays, retake #1 the next weekend, and stomp Rampage from then on. 

So I dunno...his status as a lead is shaky at best.

Edited by OdinSon2k14
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I would love to see Cruise and Johnson do a film together but I imagine it's too expensive just from their salaries alone.

Now that you've said it.... I NEED THIS

Hobbs and Shaw 2???

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, OdinSon2k14 said:

Mr Thurber? About that Red Notice movie in 2019?

(Said in Vince Mcmahon's gravelly voice) 

YOU'RE...FIRED!!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I'm sure it will be fine. Thurber and Peyton aren't going anywhere and will probably do more films with The Rock in the near future. Hate to say it but one of them will definitely direct Black Adam.

4 minutes ago, Heat Vision said:

I'm sure it will be fine. Thurber and Peyton aren't going anywhere and will probably do more films with The Rock in the near future. Hate to say it but one of them will definitely direct Black Adam.

If Jungle Cruise turns out well then Jaume Collet-Serra will be on the list as well. I think Thurber is a better director than Peyton,

Edited by Jonwo

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

I'd say Vin Diesel is laughing at this, but it's not like his non-Fast movies have been blockbuster smashes (remember The Last Witch Hunter? No? Alright then).

Vin's only non Fast film in recent years that's been successful is GOTG and that's an ensemble film where's he voicing Groot.