CaptainJackSparrow

The Lion King OS Thread

A small update from The Netherlands: The Lion King dropped a mere 3.3% this week (Thu-Wed): €4.2M from €4.3M last week. 

Its total is now €21.7M, which is 3rd all-time behind Bohemian Rhapsody (€21.9M) and Titanic (€23.6M).

Summer vacation in The Netherlands will only gradually end in the next 3 weeks, so it should not have any problem becoming #1 by a significant margin.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 9
  • Sad 1
  • ...wtf 1

5 hours ago, Tesseract said:

A small update from The Netherlands: The Lion King dropped a mere 3.3% this week (Thu-Wed): €4.2M from €4.3M last week. 

Its total is now €21.7M, which is 3rd all-time behind Bohemian Rhapsody (€21.9M) and Titanic (€23.6M).

Summer vacation in The Netherlands will only gradually end in the next 3 weeks, so it should not have any problem becoming #1 by a significant margin.

Damn! It could do €30m there alone. I wonder why it’s over-performing to such a high degree. 

Update from Sweden:

Sweden Disney 7/17/19 $4,199,095 36.9% $11,389,368 8/11/19

So it seems that the weekly drop was less than 20% (it made roughly 2.5m the week before last and a bit above 2m last week). My previous low end estimation of a total of 800k tickets should already be passed with this number. It will pass Endgames gross sometime this week as well. As of now I have no reason to see this going below 1000k tickets, and I can see it going quite a bit over that, with the aim I think should be Dead Man's Chest at 1137k.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

OS is really impressive given totally blah China number. 

Sure. In fact, it has a chance to become the 6th film ever reaching 1 billion OS excluding China. The 5 films which did it are:

Titanic: 1.339b

Endgame: 1.323b

Infinity War: 1.010b

TFA: 1.007b

* Numbers taken from BOM

2 minutes ago, peludo said:

Sure. In fact, it has a chance to become the 6th film ever reaching 1 billion OS excluding China. The 5 films which did it are:

* Numbers taken from BOM

And these 5 also happen to be the only ones that crossed 2 billion WW. The Top 5. :bravo:

Edited by Valonqar

8 minutes ago, peludo said:

* Numbers taken from BOM

Infinity War missed, 993M with correct numbers.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, infamous5445 said:

China carried Endgame so hard.

yeah i mean its not like endgame made around 2,2 without china and 1,3 billion os alone around 300 million more than iw os-

china ..............

ps dont get me wrong china runs was crazy a HUGE INCREASE MASSIVE , that was the reason endgame could challenge avatar in the first place , but in just think that we need to appreciate the other 2 more than we already are

Edited by john2000
  • Like 1