CJohn

Official Oct 5 to Oct 7 Weekend Thread | Official Estimates: Venom - 80M (205M WW OW); A Star is Born - 42.6M

7 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

With a (racist, dumb) holiday on Monday I think Venom is hitting 80m. Good for my fucking boy - my dude is a draw! And if my audience is any indication, WOM on this is going to be much, much better than I expected. 200 is doable :Venom:

Star is doing just fine for the kind of movie it is. With a good Sunday hold it does 43 million. That's a good start and it could easily still do 150m. The first hour of that film is pretty much just a flat fucking transcendent masterpiece, and it brings it home enough at the end that I have no problem calling it the best of the year so far, or close - even if the introduction of one character is a clear dividing line for a general decline for the rest of the film.

Don’t wanna go in that direction too much but I wholeheartedly agree with you that Columbus Day is a stupid holiday, but I’ve heard it’s been (or being) changes to Indigenous People’s day somewhere which I think would be great.

Anyways, seeing Star on Tuesday and I’m so excited with all the good things I’ve been hearing. Don’t think it’s locked yo go over Venom anymore DOM, but I think legs will be very strong that it’ll be close. Venom I liked more than I thought it would, and my friend and my dad both liked it too. I don’t think WOM will be as bad as people think it may be, and it’s definitely got a shot at 200

35 minutes ago, bladels said:

Nah, she still doing better than all who's not A+ star.

She has fallen a lot from her peak, sure. I'm not arguing with you about that.

What I disagree with you is you talking like nobody cares about her anymore when she still moves 200K+ albums in 1 week. Country albums are known for longevity not debuting power.

She didn't "have to" switch career, she's still gonna release new music in the future.

She has lost most if not all of her youth appeal which helps with streaming and radio play. 
But yeah, she's not completely erased and seen as a public joke like Brittany Spears. 

Mojo has ASIB at $15.8m total, so that's including the full $4.55m for previews and sneaks?  If so that's 11.25 for Friday proper, meaning Saturday; increased a solid 30%.

Venom I think drops 40% or more for Sunday giving it about 76m for the weekend.

3 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Casting will be crucial for the other Sonyverse films. Tom Hardy was a lightning in a bottle casting.

100% agree with this. Venom snagging Tom Hardy was the absolute best case scenario. Like I have been a fan of Venom forever, but when Sony announced they were really going this movie, I did not give a shit. I just assumed they would get some B level actor who's not very exciting and try to throw some shit together. My jaw dropped when I saw they cast Tom Hardy. I was stunned and genuinely surprised. 

Jared Leto signing on for Morbius is what I thought Venom was gonna be BEFORE they got Tom Hardy. Jared Leto just isn't an exciting choice or name at all

‘Venom’ Still Showing $80M Fangs; ‘A Star Is Born’ Hitting $42M+ High Note In Record October Weekend

Sony’s Venom is still pacing toward an $80M opening after a strong Saturday of $27.2M, -17% from Friday, a percent ease that’s in the Friday-to-Saturday sphere of Guardians of the Galaxy (-18%), and a tad steeper than Justice League (-15%).

A Star Is Born –which had a $15.1M Saturday, -4% from Friday for a revised FSS of $41.2M, with previews $42.5M

https://deadline.com/2018/10/venom-a-star-is-born-weekend-box-office-lady-gaga-1202476614/

Edited by raulbalarezo
  • Like 5

Can you believe Sony doesn't have a ton of live action Spidey-verse movies filming yet?

How long will it take them? Will they announce Morbius on Monday, Kraven on Tuesday, Black Cat on Wednesday, and then Venom 2 on Thursday? Or will they just announce them all at once?

Will Sony be able to restrain themselves and just announce Venom 2, or will they dump half a dozen on us?

That said, who do you want to see? How about a live action Spidey Noir? Or Spider-Gwen or Peni Parker? Do they have the full rights to Silk?

I'm telling ya, I'd totally be down with live action Spidey Noir.

5 minutes ago, kitik said:

Can you believe Sony doesn't have a ton of live action Spidey-verse movies filming yet?

How long will it take them? Will they announce Morbius on Monday, Kraven on Tuesday, Black Cat on Wednesday, and then Venom 2 on Thursday? Or will they just announce them all at once?

Will Sony be able to restrain themselves and just announce Venom 2, or will they dump half a dozen on us?

That said, who do you want to see? How about a live action Spidey Noir? Or Spider-Gwen or Peni Parker? Do they have the full rights to Silk?

Spider-Man 2099

latest?cb=20160214080146&path-prefix=es

:Venom:

Edited by raulbalarezo
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, raulbalarezo said:

Spider-Man 2099

latest?cb=20160214080146&path-prefix=es

Oh yeah, good call.

I wouldn't be surprised if we saw him make a little cameo in Into The Spider-Verse.

By the way, do folks here know that Marvel had a Venom-Verse event last year? When in doubt, just make more Venoms.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

ASIB projection down and down again...

no, that's including 3,2 mln

At least it’s going to still cross $100m domestically in 2 weeks. It could stIll have a soft Sunday drop (which will determine its legs. It must not drop harsh for that to to happen).

Edited by LegendaryBen

5 minutes ago, LegendaryBen said:

At least it’s going to still cross $100m domestically in 2 weeks. It could stIll have a soft Sunday drop (which will determine its legs. It must not drop harsh for that to to happen).

or maybe audience is really to old. But we can't find answer only in the next week.

Edited by KeepItU25071906

28 minutes ago, kitik said:

These 7 have already been announced as 'in development'. The list is:

Morbius (Jared Leto cast in lead role)

Nightwatch (rumored to be courting Spike Lee)

Silk (said to be a priority)

Black Cat (now her own solo movie instead of Silver and Black)

Silver Sable (same as above)

Jackpot (about a superheroine in her 40's)

Kraven

In addition, it remains to be seen if December's Spider-Verse can launch its own cinematic animated franchise. And of course, there are the main Tom Holland Spider-Films.

In the general superhero business, Sony also has rights to Valiant Comics characters, out of which Faith has been announced. Am I missing anything else?

• Thanks 1