CJohn

Official Oct 5 to Oct 7 Weekend Thread | Official Estimates: Venom - 80M (205M WW OW); A Star is Born - 42.6M

54 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

Can't Sony use Spider-Man if they want to?  I haven't read any reviews on Venom.  I don't think it's possible for reviewers to be fair and balanced with comic book movies anymore so I will just go see it sometime this weekend with some buddies and pray that it's entertaining. 

No.  @Barnack posted a quote the other day that the deal means Sony needs permission from Feige to put Spider-Man in any non SM movies.

Edited by TalismanRing

16 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

No.  @Barnack posted a quote the other day that the deal means Sony needs permission from Feige to put Spider-Man in any non SM movies.

By Spider-Man do they mean Tom Holland Spidey?

I guess what I'm wondering is, is there anything stopping Sony from introducing an alternate Spider-Man not tied to the MCU (probably monumentally stupid idea but just curious)

7 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

Good news for Venom

The movie is a good time at the theaters. WOM is gonna be more than fine. Critics hated it because the Marvel logo wasn't the usual one so they realized it wasn't produced by Disney hence the bad reviews.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, CJohn said:

The movie is a good time at the theaters. WOM is gonna be more than fine. Critics hated it because the Marvel logo wasn't the usual one so they realized it wasn't produced by Disney hence the bad reviews.

If I end up actually liking Venom a lot I might agree with this slightly more than just jokingly. Idk, critics have become a bit too easily pleased with the MCU (Ant Man 2 was a 6/10 at best, don't get the such high ratings) but you know, to each their own. 

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

2 minutes ago, DAJK said:

If I end up actually liking Venom a lot I might agree with this slightly more than just jokingly. Idk, critics have become a bit too easily pleased with the MCU (Ant Man 2 was a 6/10 at best, don't get the such high ratings) but you know, to each their own. 

I liked Venom more than Ant-Man, and I would also give Ant-Man a 6/10. Venom is a 7, IMO.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, CJohn said:

landscape-1477046850-gallery-1476969046-wIeQCmv.gif🤔

Edited by Nova
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Thanos Legion said:

If serious, these Venom>Ant-Man takes are some of the worst I’ve seen in a while.       

Looks like Venom will be well above 100M DOM, bummer.

Yeah how dare people think differently than you.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1

There’s thinking differently, and then there’s thinking things that are just bonkers. Like, people are obviously free to prefer the Emoji Movie to The Return of the King if that’s really their personal preference, but “different people have different tastes” won’t stop me from calling it a bad take.

Edited by Thanos Legion

26 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Yeah. Deadpool, DOFP, and Logan are dogshit.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

There’s thinking differently, and then there’s thinking things that are just bonkers. Like, people are obviously free to prefer the Emoji Movie to The Return of the King if that’s really their personal preference, but “different people have different tastes” won’t stop me from calling it a bad take.

Yeah, but...Ant-Man and the Wasp isn't some incredible, game-changing masterpiece. It's just a fun, goofy Marvel flick. I'd somewhat get it if someone said Venom was better than Lawrence of Arabia, but...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Nova said:

Venom up to 31% on RT with an 88% audience score

ASIB down to 92% on RT with an 85% audience score 

It's all over for Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper. They've been defeated by the turd in the wind 

:Venom:

:hahaha:

A Turd In the Wind is Born. 

5 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Yeah, but this example of yours doesnt strenghten your argument at all, its way too obvious; You have one of the laziest movies of all time and then you have a film that won 11 Oscars. Well, duh.

Ant-Man 2 and Venom are much closer in critical recepion than those two. I for example found Ant-Man 2 fun, but extremely forgettable. Venom might be a disaster, but it looks hilarious. Both films are very close in entertainment value in my book.

• Like 2