CJohn

Official Oct 5 to Oct 7 Weekend Thread | Official Estimates: Venom - 80M (205M WW OW); A Star is Born - 42.6M

trailers I got in front of Venom:

-Aquaman

-Glass

-Robin Hood

-Dark Phoenix

-Captain Marvel

-Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse

-The Girl in the Spider's Web

Shocking news: Dark Phoenix had the updated June 7 release date!

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Venom is kinda bad but it's a fun bad, which is arguably harder to pull off than making a good movie. Plus Tom Hardy is an outstanding Eddie.

This sums it up. It's no award-winner, but it's a fun way to spend 2 hours. And Tom Hardy really was good.

21 minutes ago, aabattery said:

I think anyone who's seen the post credits scene should be rooting for a sequel here because if they don't give me more of that nonsense I'm gonna be mad as hell.

More please!

10 hours ago, kitik said:

trailers I got in front of Venom:

-Aquaman

-Glass

-Robin Hood

-Dark Phoenix

-Captain Marvel

-Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse

-The Girl in the Spider's Web

Shocking news: Dark Phoenix had the updated June 7 release date!

Was is the old trailer or a cut version of the new one?

Also, for the folks that do go see Venom, be aware that there are TWO credit scenes. One in the middle of the credits, and one at the very end of the credits. And they are both pretty lengthy. I think the second one might have been like 3 or 4 minutes long.

So at least you get your moneys worth for hanging out through those credits.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, James said:

Was is the old trailer or a cut version of the new one?

It was the same old trailer.

But I really like that trailer. It's got great music, fun action, and it even makes a decent part of the bottom of the ocean look brightly lit. (Yay for less darkness.) I know better than to judge a DC movie by its trailer, but as far as just that Aquaman trailer goes, I really like it.

• Like 4

This is a really, really strong weekend for October.

Venom looks to hit its $60-65M tracking (and even have decent WOM, it appears), and A Star is Born looks to best its $28-30M tracking by ~10M+.

Will be two of the biggest (with Venom being the biggest) October opening weekends of all time, both on the same weekend, making for potentially a combined $100M+ in openers this weekend. 

Peace,

Mike 

Edited by MikeQ
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

holy shit james is here too?

I am always stalking but only comment for interesting weekends haha. ASIB+VENOM is just to much not too. Actually the next few months look more interesting to me BO wise than the Summer was.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dtairdryZid said:

Venom - 20 + 24 + 15.9 + 10.0 = 59.9 + 10.0 = 69.9
Star - 13.7 + 17.6 + 11.8 - 43.1 - 47.65

Sunday is too low...with Monday as a fed holiday, it won't have a that big of a Sunday drop...BR 2049 only dropped 21.6% on this Sunday last year...and that movie was the textbook definition of a front-loaded movie...