Cap

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever | Nov 11 2022 | Starring 2023 Best Supporting Actress Oscar Nominee Angela Bassett. She did not do the thing!

8 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

I know it’s pissing in the wind to point it out after this many years but it is genuinely demented how much this forum cares about incremental RT percentiles.

I could be wrong but aren't most people here interested because it correlates strongly to box office?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@jedijake As a person who once had a bit too unhealthy relationship with Caring About Rotten Tomatoes, I can confirm that the date of reviews listed weeks/months/years after the fact isn't always the same as reviews as they roll in on RT Watch Day.  Especially for films with hundreds of reviews.

Could be some internal chronometer they have, could be they're basing it on publication of review and not when they get it (thus they backdate some reviews).  Or it could even be semi-random based on date of publication/unknowable black box algorithm games at play.

Either way, unfortunately, going back and sorting by date over at RT isn't always gonna be the same as RT Scores as They Roll In on Day 1.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

@jedijake As a person who once had a bit too unhealthy relationship with Caring About Rotten Tomatoes, I can confirm that the date of reviews listed weeks/months/years after the fact isn't always the same as reviews as they roll in on RT Watch Day.  Especially for films with hundreds of reviews.

Could be some internal chronometer they have, could be they're basing it on publication of review and not when they get it (thus they backdate some reviews).  Or it could even be semi-random based on date of publication/unknowable black box algorithm games at play.

Either way, unfortunately, going back and sorting by date over at RT isn't always gonna be the same as RT Scores as They Roll In on Day 1.

Okay, then I stand corrected.

And as such, I don't know if there's parallel data for Shang Chi and No Way Home either. But I don't think that either ever dropped into the 80's.

Just now, Porthos said:

I saw a great post from you in the infinity war thread. You were right about 1billion domestic and the 300m ow being dead though.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Nikostar said:

Where was Eternals, Shang Chi, No Way home, MOM and LAnd T after 100 reviews? 

Shang Chi

On 8/29/2021 at 12:06 PM, Krissykins said:

Still only 120 reviews, when will the rest be added? Currently at 91%. 

Eternals

On 10/29/2021 at 12:57 AM, Ryan Reynolds said:

61% on RT after 105 reviews

No way home

Multiverse of Madness

On 5/3/2022 at 6:08 PM, ThomasNicole said:

79% with 113 reviews (average up to 6.7 tho) 

I don't see much reason for it to drop (or increase) much more from here. Likely finishing with 75-77%, could've been worse. 

Not that i care that much, my favorite MCU movie since EG was Eternals.

Thor Love and Thunder

On 7/5/2022 at 3:55 PM, ThomasNicole said:

71% with 113 reviews (6.7 average) 

Yeah should finish with 66-70%, let's hope we don't get another B cinemascore here. 

Sounds like a fun time so maybe finally audiences won't be turned down by reviews and overall feeling on social media.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, adaros said:

RT means nothing to me I just want to see big BO numbers.

Well me too, so i am curious about the connection between the two. I don't care about the RT score past OW. I just want it to do better than certain other movies (DSMoM, TROS, TLK'19, TDKR, AOU) in its OW and domestic BO.

Edited by jedijake
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, adaros said:

RT means nothing to me I just want to see big BO numbers.

Me too. I just mean that people here are interested in reviews because it gives us our next hint as to box office projections.

Now, in terms of impact on my personal opinion on a movie itself, I couldn't care less. I'll go to see.movies I want to see and I won't see movies I'm not interested in seeing. I don't have a single actual use for film critics.

Edited by Verrows
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

If it doesn’t do better than a divisive Dr. Strange sequel then that’s gonna be a bad look. 

Agreed. That's been my thought regarding previews tracking below MoM. It's quite surprising. However it looks like this one will be more backloaded, which is a look I actually prefer. Like back when MCU movie multis we're greater than 6.

• Like 1