Cap

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever | Nov 11 2022 | Starring 2023 Best Supporting Actress Oscar Nominee Angela Bassett. She did not do the thing!

25 minutes ago, RichWS said:

This was always gonna fall short of the first film but there's a distinct lack of buzz to me. Maybe I'm misreading the world but there doesn't seem to be a lot of heat.

It might be a great movie, but the lack of  CHadwick might still hurt it.

1 minute ago, eddyxx said:

I love just how much love and attention Angela Bassett is getting for this movie. She deserves it!

She and her husband are doing Candlelight Processional at Epcot this year as the last celebrity narrators at the end of December (they have Marvel actors bookending the event this year because Simu Liu is the inaugural narrator Thanksgiving weekend). To say I want to go is a massive understatement.

4 hours ago, RichWS said:

This was always gonna fall short of the first film but there's a distinct lack of buzz to me. Maybe I'm misreading the world but there doesn't seem to be a lot of heat.

This seem like a problem to any Disney-distributed film lately. IMO, Disney just aren't marketing their movie at the scale like those during pre-pandemic time. 

Box office range prediction of WF & upcoming MCU movies-
WF- $800-1B

$500-700M range-
Ant-Man and the Wasp quantumania
The Marvels
Blade
Shang-Chi 2
Armor Wars

$700-1B range-

GOTG3
Cap 4
Thunderbolts

Fantastic Four

$1B-1.5B range-
Deadpool 3
Avengers kang dynasty
Avengers Secret Wars

All without China.

Edited by Factcheck
  • Like 1

Think you're off on some of these, some too low and some too high, but especially SW not being able to even go past 1.5b would be crazy bad considering it will be an avengers film with cameofest and probably even some returns for the fans. I'd be shocked if it didn't atleast match NWH WW-C.

Edited by JustLurking
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Factcheck said:

Box office range prediction of WF & upcoming MCU movies-
WF- $800-1B

$500-700M range-
Ant-Man and the Wasp quantumania
The Marvels
Blade
Shang-Chi 2
Armor Wars

$700-1B range-

GOTG3
Cap 4
Thunderbolts

Fantastic Four

$1B-1.5B range-
Deadpool 3
Avengers kang dynasty
Avengers Secret Wars

All without China.

Mostly agree except with KD and SW. Even without China (and lets say Russia also) I'd be surprised if either fell below $1.75B

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, K'uk'ulkan XXR said:

Mostly agree except with KD and SW. Even without China (and lets say Russia also) I'd be surprised if either fell below $1.75B

KD & SW would face the same situation or even worse which WF is facing now- change of main lead/no Tony & Steve.

On 10/27/2022 at 3:05 PM, Porthos said:

If I had to guess, I'd be pegging a mid- to low-80s RT

On 10/27/2022 at 3:05 PM, Porthos said:

Are there some... I don't want to call them 'red flags' as 1] it's a loaded term and 2] fans can be jumpy so I'll use 'cautionary comments' coming out of the premiere?  I'd say that's fair.  But all that might mean is that it isn't getting NWH BP level reviews.  Probably.

Everything else is tea leaf reading. Which I suppose is part of trying to figure out the buzz, but tea leaf reading is still all it is.

Good tea leaf reading, Past Me. 👍

(all of the other comments in that post aren't relevant)

Just were too many note of caution from the first 24 hours or so for me to get on board that low-to-mid-90s RT train.  Does seem that for those that this film works for, it really works for — so I'm interested to see what the WOM is coming for this.  Suspect it might be highly bifurcated between "it's good/very good, but not as good as the first" and raves from those who the emotional content did  land.

• Like 3