Cap

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever | Nov 11 2022 | Starring 2023 Best Supporting Actress Oscar Nominee Angela Bassett. She did not do the thing!

3 hours ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

So is a trailer coming or what this week

Probably. When was the last time the MCU didn’t have a trailer for their upcoming movie attached to their big release of the month?

Edited by Nikostar

3 hours ago, Nikostar said:

Probably. When was the last time the MCU didn’t have a trailer for their upcoming movie attached to their big release of the month?

Someone would have heard about it by now.

Also, it has been stated that Feige/MCU is going to bring it on hard with ONE movie at SDCC (which is obviously BP2). So while it is possible for them to have a teaser this week with more goodies at SDCC, I'd say it is more likely to have it all at SDCC. No rule that says they HAVE to have a teaser in time in front of the previous film.

On 7/3/2022 at 1:00 AM, Fox20 said:

It's so weird watching all the things Black Panther related without knowing who is Black Panther in the Black Panther movie.

And lmao they went full fan service with Namor, I thought they were going to pick his most covered design.

This has become common in MCU now for female lead projects for the reasons Feige know better, people didn't know main lead of Eternals also as Feige hide it for 2 years after announcing Eternals.

9 minutes ago, Morieris said:

I wonder why they chose July for Thor 4 instead of August 2022.  A MCU movie can resurrect a 'dead' month, and it would be after SDCC.

Because July is in the prime of summer and it would have an extra month of summer days to juice it versus August. I don't see how August would serve/help it in any way. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, StormbreakerXXR said:

Because July is in the prime of summer and it would have an extra month of summer days to juice it versus August. I don't see how August would serve/help it in any way. 

Fair.

5 hours ago, Fox20 said:

The trailer should come at comic con, it would make no sense to release the trailer with Thor reviews this week.

It what world does this not make sense?  Don't understand this conceit especially when we're talking on a Box Office forum.  Tens of millions more will see it if attached to THOR in theatres vs. a few thousand at Comic-Con, and word-of-mouth creates buzz, but that doesn't automatically put it in front of people's faces.  I'll be surprised if some kind of teaser at the very least isn't attached to THOR this week.   ...Unless they do wait to debut it at Comic-Con *then* attach it right away to THOR as a way of getting people back for repeat visits?  

Edited by Macleod

For DS2, it was seen as somewhat of an extension of No Way Home (with Strange and the multiverse) so it made sense. For Thor LT, it was already so close to release so they couldn't not have something in front of DS2,

For BP2, there's no direct tie-in with Thor (that I know of) and there are still 4 months. SDCC works nicely. There's also no major Disney release from Thor until BP2 so it has all of the marketing time for itself.

• Like 2

Yeah this is totally gonna be like Strange 2 and Thor 4 and be a 6/10 romp. Good to know that all the movies with the characters I love the most, all in just this year alone, will have such mediocre follow-ups. Oh well. This year's already a trainwreck, might as well make it sting a little bit more for me.

6 minutes ago, Eric the Minion said:

Yeah this is totally gonna be like Strange 2 and Thor 4 and be a 6/10 romp. Good to know that all the movies with the characters I love the most, all in just this year alone, will have such mediocre follow-ups. Oh well. This year's already a trainwreck, might as well make it sting a little bit more for me.

Why would it be like those two.

6 minutes ago, Eric the Minion said:

Geez!!!! What is making you say all that without even a first teaser?

• Like 1

I agree with Eric. If Disney/Marvel is going to keep botching/slaughtering these movies to shoehorn a less than 2 hours movie, I have no hope in Black Panther 2. It's clear that shorter movies are not working and DS2 and Thor4 clearly backfired. It fucks up the pace and makes everything rushed with the development in between just cut out. And probably moments of emotion, great character moments. All cut. 

Just look at NWH and Shang-Chi. More and better just pays off much more. 

These are just terrible decisions all around. 

And the thing, specially Thor 4, I know there's a spectacular movie with more 20-30 minutes that have a 85-93% RT critics rating. But Marvel now seems to want to rush and trim their movies down.

What's even the point of having directors like Sam Raimi and Taika? 

Edited by Juan Caballo

4 minutes ago, Nikostar said:

Why would it be like those two.

4 minutes ago, jedijake said:

Geez!!!! What is making you say all that without even a first teaser?

Well in general the post-Endgame track record has been super spotty. Papa Feige now has to oversee 4-5 shows and 3-4 movies a year, which makes quality control a lot harder, which makes everything suffer. We are already seeing this with a good majority of their movies and shows over the past couple years, and I see very little reason to believe otherwise. Even major directors that people love like Raimi and Waititi are now pumping out meh-tastic pictures that frankly probably would have been way better if they cut back on all these shows. Ryan Coogler is not safe here.

Plus, while I'm never a "bad production means bad movie" kind of guy, the loss of Chadwick and the Letitia drama, both of which probably meant a ton of last-minute rewrites, just seems like something that is impossible to fix, and will damage the movie in some way. Would love to be proven wrong of course, especially because Black Panther is one of my favorite movies of all time, but there is very little reason to be optimistic or hopeful about...anything these days.

• Like 1