aabattery

Weekend Thread | Asgard sneaks up on p.24 ~ H2018 28, ASIB 8.1, V 7.9 GB2 4.4,FM 3.7

7 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

That's a big wtf, imo. Laurie gets killed in the first 10 minutes of this movie, lol.  General audiences were probably pleased, I guess. 

Busta Rhymes karate kick'd Michael Myers. What's not to love

• Haha 3
  • Disbelief 1

Saw First Man and Bad Times at the El Royale on Wednesday night.

i liked First Man fine.....didn’t love it, it kinda left me cold.

I’m not surprised the WOM isn’t stronger, the theater was silent when the movie ended, no applause in a theater with about 150 people in it.

It’s well made, and it keeps your interest, but while Gosling did a fine job of capturing how Armstrong supposedly was as a person, it doesn’t make him a very interesting lead character in a movie.

Bad Times at the El Royale, however, was fantastic.

It surprised me, i wasn’t able to guess all the twists, I teared up towards the end, my friend who went with me was more hyped for First Man going in, but Bad Times won him over, decent applause at the end.

i didn’t even think it was too long, it keeps your interest the whole way, and I hope it has a good hold this weekend, it deserves better.

• Like 2

https://deadline.com/2018/10/halloween-record-opening-weekend-box-office-1202485871/

Weekend estimates for Universal/Miramax/Blumhouse’s Halloween are coming in at $33M for today, (including a great $7.7M Thursday night) the second-best first day for a horror movie after It ($50.4M), on a killing spree to become the second-highest domestic horror opening of all-time at $79.4M (also behind It’s $123.4M) and possibly the biggest opening of October that is if Michael Myers can knock off Venom‘s $80.2M record from three weekend ago. But let’s see where Saturday takes us. As we’ve mentioned so far the box office trajectory many are using for Halloween is roughly akin to The Nun and It where Thursday previews accounts for 23% of Friday’s ticket sales, a Saturday that’s down in the low double digits (-10% to -15%) and a Sunday that’s down in the 35%-40% range.

• Like 7
  • Astonished 4

8 minutes ago, Biggestgeekever said:

https://deadline.com/2018/10/halloween-record-opening-weekend-box-office-1202485871/

Weekend estimates for Universal/Miramax/Blumhouse’s Halloween are coming in at $33M for today, (including a great $7.7M Thursday night) the second-best first day for a horror movie after It ($50.4M), on a killing spree to become the second-highest domestic horror opening of all-time at $79.4M (also behind It’s $123.4M) and possibly the biggest opening of October that is if Michael Myers can knock off Venom‘s $80.2M record from three weekend ago. But let’s see where Saturday takes us. As we’ve mentioned so far the box office trajectory many are using for Halloween is roughly akin to The Nun and It where Thursday previews accounts for 23% of Friday’s ticket sales, a Saturday that’s down in the low double digits (-10% to -15%) and a Sunday that’s down in the 35%-40% range.

If it were to get that close to the record I’d be a little disappointed. Still a fantastic number anyway. I mean it’d be beating RZ’s Halloween full domestic gross even when you adjust it for inflation. 

Edited by Rman823