YM!

Weekend Thread 11/16 - 11/18 - Grindelwald $25.7M Friday, Instant Family at $4.5M Friday

So, in a nutshell:

1) Fantastic Beasts 2 might perform like X-Men Apocalypse, finishing its run with 155/160 million domestic. It has worse reviews than Apocalypse and the 63 million opening would be smaller than Apocalypse's. It's CinemaScore ( B+ ) is smaller than Apocalypse's ( A- )

2) 200 million domestic not locked for FB2 even with a 3x multiplier ( if it makes 63/66 million )

3) Venom is beating FB2 in China ( Venom's second weekend may be higher than FB2's opening weekend )

4) It seems to be decreasing almost everywhere except for Germany/France, but this is a sequel, so it can be frontloaded

1 hour ago, Cassidy said:

grr...men.  They read, process, respond, and make decisions.

Could we lay off all the male mods on this forum?

Are there any private forums about box office that are a bit more liberal and don't have the censorship I am looking at?

41 minutes ago, Cassidy said:

and women are raised in the shadow of men.  my ex gf's might as well be ex bf's.

w/e... i don't care.  I don't care about anything.

2f4a49.gif

• Haha 3

47 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Considering FB2 is going to be gross less than the first film, it's refreshing there's no fan wars compared to what happened with JL or Solo's weekend thread. 

Well, for one this film isnt flopping like JL and Solo were. It will still make 500-650M WW, its not a money looser.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

And holy shit that Halloween drop! Well it did lose nearly 1800 theaters. That film just came and went.

It's a horror movie after halloween, it was always gonna be in a free fall.

Edited by cookie

Hot take: The TDK trilogy is far from perfect.

Batman Begins aged not too well. The action is actually kinda bad, the editing is off in a few places and Katie Holmes is...not a perfect Rachel. Still a very entertaining movie (Liam Neeson is the man), but far from a masterpiece.

The Dark Knight is perfection.

The Dark Knight Rises is ambitious, epic in scale and has some great scenes - but is ultimately very messy. Bane is great, Catwoman shines and the score is mesmorizing but at the same time, the film has just too many subplots, is TOO LONG and its 3rd act kinda falls apart. Miranda Tate is  just a big fat LOL, especially her death. TDKR never fails to entertain and annoy me at the same time.

So yeah, 1 out of 3 is a true masterpiece and the other two just cant compare to that level imo. An inconsistent trilogy quality-wise.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, TMP said:

TDK is still the GOAT comic book film. TDK Trilogy is the best comic book film trilogy, and it's not even close.

i would disagree with this, but since my previous post was deleted i'm guessing that's not allowed.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1