MuffinMan

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings | Marvel Studios | 92% RT & 99% VA Score | ONLY IN THEATERS Sep 3 2021

45 minutes ago, tonytr87 said:

Marvel keeps on getting away with bad effects work, so I'm going to keep harping on it. If you spend this much money, there's no excuse. And given the genre, it is important. 

How are they “getting away” with it if it’s a common complaint?

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, tonytr87 said:

you can want entertainment and still chafe at that 3rd act. You know what's not entertaining? Terrible CGI in a 200 mil movie. 

I doubt having better CGI will satisfy the practical effects worshipping critics (of which there are quite a few). Same complaint pops up in every blockbuster. After Aquaman I don't trust claims of the third act having bad CGI until I see for myself.

1 hour ago, Lokis Legion said:

Hmm, don’t think this checks out. Even in movies where multiple languages make sense in universe, I feel like it’s plenty common to just have it be the production language throughout. Laziness in a sense, sure, but also it’s just convenient for audiences.   

And evidently this has some scenes in Mandarin, though I doubt every single scene where it would make sense in universe will be subbed.

Agreed at some point gotta accept the movie logic of English being majority of the dialogue. 

Edited by Darth Lehnsherr

1 hour ago, tonytr87 said:

Marvel keeps on getting away with bad effects work, so I'm going to keep harping on it. If you spend this much money, there's no excuse. And given the genre, it is important. 

did you saw the movie? in general reviews are saying CGI is well done [and they complain about BW, if that matter].

i mean, i didn´t see the movie but i´m curious because i really didn´t see anyone saying CGI on this is awful or something.

Edited by ThomasNicole
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, Menor said:

I doubt having better CGI will satisfy the practical effects worshipping critics (of which there are quite a few). Same complaint pops up in every blockbuster. After Aquaman I don't trust claims of the third act having bad CGI until I see for myself.

For all my nitpicks about Aquaman, the 3rd act was the best thing about it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ThomasNicole said:

did you saw the movie? in general reviews are saying CGI is well done [and they complain about BW, if that matter].

i mean, i didn´t see the movie but i´m curious because i really didn´t see anyone saying CGI on this is awful or something.

There are definitely reviews saying the CGI is bad. Then there are some mixed and a few like the craziness of the visuals. Overall it seems to be much better effects work than BW, but hard to say beyond that. 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Menor said:

the effects work on the Aquaman movie is really impressive [not much on the 1st act but other than that is great], i always think being a visual spectacle help this movie became so huge.

i think people who complain about this one really have some bias with CGI anyway because they prefer practical effects, which i agreed is better but i´m not blind either, the textures and render on Aquaman in A+ on the last half.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Menor said:

There are definitely reviews saying the CGI is bad. Then there are some mixed and a few like the craziness of the visuals. Overall it seems to be much better effects work than BW, but hard to say beyond that. 

didn´t saw the negatives, but i didn´t read too much reviews too to be fair.

i saw tho some people saying the third act is too much on it´s craziness compared to the more grounded first 2/3, but i think this is more a question of scale than bad CGI necessarily. i do hope is really well done like i read in general because i refuse to engage on a dragon / gigantic animals final battle oriented if they´re not good rendered.

1 hour ago, tonytr87 said:

CGI in most movies today look like poop. Probably because studios overwork underpaid CGI artists. It's why Tenet is the only recent blockbuster that looks real.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

really good trailer. This type of movie should be big in Asia

I don't get the "this type" part.

I'm 100% sure this will be flop (in marvel standard) in South Korea.

zero hype, interest, people dragging simu liu's face, and worst of it all, China..

(the fact that it's biggest selling point came from "it was banned from china" rumor.. lol)

and the marketing/promotion has been weak, seems like Disney Korea gave up already.

they will even do discount event to get the attention, something marvel never done before.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, imbruglia said:

zero hype, interest, people dragging simu liu's face, and worst of it all, China..

(the fact that it's biggest selling point came from "it was banned from china" rumor.. lol)

and the marketing/promotion has been weak, seems like Disney Korea gave up already.

they will even do discount event to get the attention, something marvel never done before.

In fact, it's also one of the biggest selling point in China...

• Haha 8
  • Astonished 1

1 hour ago, imbruglia said:

We shall but i hope that it does well...i think that the WOM will carry this

• Thanks 1