That One Girl

Dec 21-23 Weekend Thread | Sat#'s (Asgard pg 60) - Aqua 21.8, MPR 8.8, BB 7.2, SMSV 6.9, Mule 3.8 | Discuss Pitbull's musical work here

12 minutes ago, a2k said:

AQM is performing as expected and BB is doing better than anticipated imo.

MP missing 5-day opening expectations by 50%.

AQM's 28 OD comes with a caveat that it burned off nearly 5 in pre-previews. Very strong for December.

22.8 (+20%)

14.8 (-35%)

= 70.3 (65.6 ow)

Those pre-previews will help the movie get a little better multiplier off the ow and hoping good wom pushes it to 250 dom.

4.7 + 65.6*3.75 = 250.7

Is Aquaman really gonna drop 35% tomorrow given schools out now for Christmas and lots of people may be off work forChristmas Eve?  Would think it would drop closer to 20%

Last time dates matched up was 2007 and National Treasure 2, I Am Legend & Chipmunks all dropped between 17-19%

... also I guess 2012 where Hobbit dropped 10%

Edited by AdamKendall

Just now, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I know. I hope both have solid increases as Spider Verse is probably my favorite movie of the year (then again I’ve only seen like 25) and I’d like some animated films that don’t look the same doing big business.

I feel like it'll increase, not decrease but don't quote me on that whenever it comes out, these kinds of franchises are weird and bounce around a lot.

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

I think if Bumblebee gets a sequel, they should certainly release it in February or March 2022 so it has breathing room. 

Aquaman I suspect will either get December 2021 as WB has a slot for a WAG film which they can easily swap or November 2021. 

Would probably be weird though, especially if Disney does an Avatar 3/Little Mermaid one two punch for December.

3 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

the ijacks and the kals were fun when we thought they were the novelty acts but now we know they're the trendsetters. 

just to add to this going further back i remember on the old BOM forums the lead up to avatar coming out people were obsessed with Kal because he was like the one crazy dude. people were talking about him all the time. on here he barely stands out. he's another drop in the ocean.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Would probably be weird though, especially if Disney does an Avatar 3/Little Mermaid one two punch for December.

I doubt Disney would schedule both the same month. Disney's been avoiding the holidays with the live-action remakes (and it's only now with Aladdin and Lion King that they're putting them out during the summer) and wouldn't want two movies to cannibalize one another.

Edited by cookie

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

just to add to this going further back i remember on the old BOM forums the lead up to avatar coming out people were obsessed with Kal because he was like the one crazy dude. people were talking about him all the time. on here he barely stands out. he's another drop in the ocean.

Honestly of the Cameron stans now he's on the slightly more sane end of the spectrum which is saying something.

• Haha 1

For my part, most of my approach with box office recently has been to drop in, comment as objectively on the numbers as possible, and leave (and hope it doesn't piss anyone off). I just don't have the time nor the energy for loud, long-winded debates about why one fan-driven property is either THE BEST THING EVER or THE WORST THING EVER. I guess it also helps that I ignore most of the discourse about big films and don't care in the slightest about being "wrong" in assessing a film's box office potential. I feel like I got all of that out of my system as a teenager back in the BOM days and I'm not interested in revisiting it here.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I could see The Little Mermaid being released in  May 2021 or March 2021.

Edited by Jonwo

15 minutes ago, Blankments said:

I'm sure MIB's opening weekend will be trash here, already seen several less desirable reactions across the internet

The consensus on BOT was pretty mellow. General reactions were either “eh, looks kinda lame” or “eh, looks kinda decent”.

15 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I swear if Lego 2 weekend thread becomes a shithole.

You and Blanks are the only hardcore fans. I dunno about Blanks, but you’re a smart kid. Don’t be a dummy, and the thread will probably be okay.

Is this mostly the Mojo forum people moved onto a new platform? I found this site a few years back because I was trying to find some predictions on how 2013 films were gonna do, and that just led me down a worm hole. I remember reading @Christmas baumer's post on the fitness thread about the Bizzy Diet, and I was borderline obese then, which helped me onto the path of fitness.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, AdamKendall said:

Is Aquaman really gonna drop 35% tomorrow given schools out now for Christmas and lots of people may be off work forChristmas Eve?  Would think it would drop closer to 20%

Yeah that's right, should have a much better Sun than I used. 

22.8 (+20%)

18.2 (-20%)

= 73.7

75 total by Sun would be great.

• Like 1

In the two years I've been here, the fanboy-driven stuff is the only thing that has soured me toward BOT (and just the internet in general). It's just not fun to talk about that kind of stuff anymore without someone getting offended one way or another. If it's not some fanboy getting pissy over someone's opinion, it's someone who comes into a thread just to start shit. It's way more fun just shooting the shit about random things.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, TMP said:

Is this mostly the Mojo forum people moved onto a new platform? I found this site a few years back because I was trying to find some predictions on how 2013 films were gonna do, and that just led me down a worm hole. I remember reading @Christmas baumer's post on the fitness thread about the Bizzy Diet, and I was borderline obese then, which helped me onto the path of fitness.

Yes. This was created in 2011 when Mojo shut down and spun off into its own site when BOP stopped supporting it

• Like 2

Just now, MrGamer said:

In the two years I've been here, the fanboy-driven stuff is the only thing that has soured me toward BOT (and just the internet in general). It's just not fun to talk about that kind of stuff anymore without someone getting offended one way or another. If it's not some fanboy getting pissy over someone's opinion, it's someone who comes into a thread just to start shit. It's way more fun just shooting the shit about random things.

To lead this back to an earlier discussion, fanboys should really stop caring about their franchise films and should just accept themselves as a part of Marwen

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, CoolEric258 said:

The consensus on BOT was pretty mellow. General reactions were either “eh, looks kinda lame” or “eh, looks kinda decent”.

I seem to remember A Wrinkle in Time started out the same way and that ended in a real shit show. I'd be cautious with MIB just in case.

Wed-Sat for Jumanji

$7,208,112

- / -

3,765 / $1,915

$9,069,470 / 1
$7,536,497
$16,605,967
4.6% / -
- / -
3,765 / $2,002
$4,411
$16,605,967 / 2