That One Girl

Dec 21-23 Weekend Thread | Sat#'s (Asgard pg 60) - Aqua 21.8, MPR 8.8, BB 7.2, SMSV 6.9, Mule 3.8 | Discuss Pitbull's musical work here

Just now, DAJK said:

Yikes both Marwen and Second Act start out with rotten audience scores. Good thing they have the Christmas legs

Second Act will likely end up with at least $30M+ against a $15M budget so it won’t be bad for that. Marwen is definitely coming for a sub-$20M run though.

• Like 2

Just now, DAJK said:

Yikes both Marwen and Second Act start out with rotten audience scores. Good thing they have the Christmas legs

Marwen looked like one of the most contrived and desperately failing to be Oscar bait marketing I’ve seen in some time. Haven’t seen a trailer that irritated me as much as that one in awhile. 

• Sad 1

Marwen’s floppage was on the wall between a premise (guy gets nearly beaten to death and recovers by making WWII models...that come to life via his imagination as creepy CGI dolls resembling the actors?) that just came across as odd and an impossible sell and the terrible reviews. Poor Zemeckis though, this is gonna be his third flop in a row.

8 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

giphy.gif

Comparing Second Act's numbers to Marwen is just kinda an embarrassment. That'd be like saying "yea I'm tall! Who said I wasn't tall! Look over there, I'm taller than that baby in the stroller!" 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

After observing the box office for some time, I have come up with a sophisticated model to predict numbers. Putting it in spoilers because the methodology is complex:

Spoiler

Superhero = Money

With good WOM having a significant effect in many countries, I feel that $90M OW is possible for Aquaman.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Sony’s Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse spiked 4% over Wednesday with an estimated $2.9M

LEGS!!!!!!!

Baelee Steinfeld, her power

mlodrnfj6wv01.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Astonished 3

7 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Hopefully we get several updates as the night goes.

I only want updates if they're going up. Like Asgard and JW's numbers on June 12, 2015. What a time to be alive. 

If the midday number is 35, and every hour it keeps getting dropped by a million or so, then spare me the pain and rip it off life a band-aid Saturday morning. 

• Sad 1