AdamKendall

Weekend Thread 12/28-12/30 AQM 51.5 MPR 28 BB 20.5 ITSV 18.3

3 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

So ?BR OS numbers are fucking insane.They would actually  put in shame a lot of blockbusters in general.That doesn’t make Aquaman numbers less impressive.

His comment was just for BR. Aquaman was just used to drive that point. You guys don't need to take everything to 💓.

1 minute ago, The Futurist said:

http://www.justjared.com/2018/12/30/the-highest-box-office-earning-actress-of-2018-had-a-huge-year/10/

The Highest Box Office Earning Actress of 2018 Had a Huge Year!

:hahaha::redcapes::wintf:

Letitia STARRED in Infinity War... Jeez. But, I mean, the next article on the website was about someone's bowel movement, so this shit fits right in.

Really good second weekend for Aquaman. With the New Year's holiday still coming up this week and a fairly lean first couple weeks of January, it should be able to pass the $300 million domestic milestone comfortably.

Mary Poppins Returns had an impressive jump over last weekend. It clearly took advantage of its multi-generational appeal this past week and should continue to fare well into January.

Bumblebee also had a very strong hold on the heels of a stellar weekday performance. I won't be surprised if legs remain strong amid good reviews and word-of-mouth.

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse scored a nice jump. It has fared pretty well against such heavy competition above it.

The Mule has quietly put together an impressive run as adult-driven counter-programming. The $100 million mark is in play, which is definitely a stellar accomplishment after what a non-event Eastwood's most recent starring role (Trouble with the Curve) ended up being.

Vice did okay, I guess. Even with the goodwill from The Big Short factored in, I'm surprised that a movie with such inherently divisive subject matter got such a big budget, and that budget will ultimately be its undoing in terms of interpretation of the quality of its box office run. Unless it weathers the storm of its critical and audience divisiveness and scores a Best Picture Oscar nomination, I don't see it having a ton of staying power. We'll see.

Holmes & Watson has lost a ton of steam since its midweek opening, unsurprisingly. When even the audience that shows up despite the negative hype gives you a bad CinemaScore, you know you're in trouble.

Second Act is doing okay. It's far from Jennifer Lopez's hit performances of old, but it's surviving as a counter-programming option and should turn a decent profit against a reasonably-sized budget.

Nice jump for Ralph Breaks the Internet. This renewed momentum should at least propel it past the first film's domestic total.

The Grinch has begun its post-Christmas freefall, but it has enjoyed a very successful run overall.

Mary, Queen of Scots and The Favourite are cannibalizing each other to some extent, but both are performing relatively well for R-rated period costume films - particularly The Favourite, which is already by far Yorgos Lanthimos's highest-grossing film in North America well ahead of Oscar nomination announcement.

Bohemian Rhapsody continues to show stellar staying power - and yes, the international gross is crazy-good. 

Welcome to Marwen continues to struggle as one of the odd-men-out in this extremely crowded holiday landscape. It wouldn't have been a hit at any point in the year, but at least a release over a less-crowded fall weekend might have granted it a better fate than what it has experienced in this spot.

Green Book has put together a pretty solid below-the-radar run despite many people having written it off after its wide opening. It should also get a second wind from awards attention in January.

Yikes at that Mortal Engines per-theater average (and the drop, which unlike the larger drop for The Grinch doesn't have a seasonal excuse behind it). Like fellow Universal financial fiasco Welcome to Marwen, I imagine it at least could have saved a little face with a release in a less crowded time.

• Like 4

I can't find the all-time worldwide CBM chart on BOM.  

I believe it goes something like this..  correct me if I'm wrong.  

1.  Avengers Infinity War  $2B+ 

2.  Marvel's The Avengers $1.5B

3.  Avengers Age of Ultron $1.4B

4.  Black Panther $1.3B 

5.  Iron Man 3 $1.2B

6.  Captain America Civil War $1.1B

7.  The Dark Knight Rises $1B+ 

8.  The Dark Knight $1B+

Aquaman has a chance to finish top 10 all-time it would appear..