sfran43

Wednesday numbers: Aquaman $7.38M | MPR $4.41M | Spider-Verse $3.41M | Bumblebee $3.07M

4 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

That's hard to prove, though. Especially on the international front. We have no way of knowing how Paramount will judge this. One would hope they would show patience and maintain course for the next one, rather than reverting to Bayhem, and then hopefully that movie increases and rewards their faith and proves that BB was well received and a good change of pace.

I mean, the last one dived pretty bad. Saw its worldwide total drop nearly 50%. And given the terrible reception it got, a follow-up would’ve seen a similarly steep drop. This movie has been all about gaining audience trust back after so many bad movies soured people on the entire franchise. I’d be surprised if Paramount didn’t look at it as a positive, especially with the reception it’s had.

5 minutes ago, Manny G said:

You’re naïve. We don’t live in a “would’ve” world and Hollywood exces certainly don’t. The narrative will be a Transformer movie made less then $400M worldwide and that’s bad optics for the franchise.

Bumblebee matching T5 would have been a bona fide succes. Bumblebee making $500M would’ve have been nice quite a promising and bright future for th franchise but bumblebee making $350M-$375M just look bad.

Paramount retooled the whole franchise for it to have second life not for the first entry of that retooled franchise to be by far the lowest entry in the overall franchise.

You tried your best, once again.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DAR said:

Curious as to what the others were?

I can't recall at this time. I've seen so many over the years. I think one was the Leslee Sobieski film where she all of a sudden falls in love with Oz from American pie because he's a rich asshole And she ditches Josh Hartnett because he's sweet. Then she goes for a run and falls down and everyone finds out she has cancer in the leg and then she dies. Somewhere in the middle of it there was dancing. Michael Rooker was an asshole once again. No idea what the name of it was but it was freaking horrible.

• Like 2
  • Astonished 2

Movie Distributor Gross Change Thtrs. Per Thtr. Total Gross Days
- (1) Aquaman Warner Bros. $7,375,000 -55% 4,125 $1,788   $222,812,603 13
- (4) Spider-Man: Into The Spider… Sony Pictures $3,410,000 -45% 3,813 $894   $117,742,238 20
- (3) Bumblebee Paramount Pictures $3,076,011 -57% 3,550 $866   $81,696,103 13
- (5) The Mule Warner Bros. $1,740,000 -57% 2,787 $624   $70,526,483 20
- (9) Holmes & Watson Sony Pictures $920,000 -56% 2,776 $331   $24,250,433 9
- (-) Fantastic Beasts: The Crime… Warner Bros. $195,000 -34% 515 $379   $157,272,926 48
- (-) Instant Family Paramount Pictures $166,364 -54% 744 $224   $65,369,840 48
- (-) A Star is Born Warner Bros. $91,000 -38% 236 $386   $201,395,904 90
- (-) The World Before Your Feet Greenwich $2,473 -29% 9 $275   $117,412 43
- (-) Indivisible Pure Flix Entertain… $349 -58% 9 $39   $3,510,957 69
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Christmas baumer said:

I can't recall at this time. I've seen so many over the years. I think one was the Leslee Sobieski film where she all of a sudden falls in love with Oz from American pie because he's a rich asshole And she ditches Josh Hartnett because he's sweet. Then she goes for a run and falls down and everyone finds out she has cancer in the leg and then she dies. Somewhere in the middle of it there was dancing. Michael Rooker was an asshole once again. No idea what the name of it was but it was freaking horrible.

Lmao I remember that movie. Here on Earth from 2000.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Why do so many people think everyone’s out to get DC? :lol: now it’s paramount I guess

It's not really that. It's largely the sense, at least in my viewpoint, that over the past couple of years Paramount has somewhat overestimated the pull and footprint of the Transformers franchise due to past success and tried to bully their way into a spot with competing blockbusters. I just find it hilarious that the two primary culprits that have left the franchise shattered in it's wake has been two DC movies, which I'm sure Paramount figured they could get away with slotting next to. My face following the box office of The Last Knight and Bumblebee in the aftermath of those decisions is basically:

JL-Trailer-2-Theatrical.jpg?resize=696,3

• Haha 1

Why hasnt the most current resident idiot been banned yet?? I mean he is totally off his rocker, rude to non DC fanboy posters and makes the thread unpleasant to read because everyone keeps responding to him... 

On topic: solid wednesday all around so far. 

@Christmas baumer had a friend tell me Marwen was the worst film they have ever seen and they are so easy to please...

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Christmas baumer said:

I saw welcome to Marwan today, well the first 40 minutes of it anyway. I've walked out of maybe five movies in my whole life. I have never walked out of one as quick as I walked out of this one. I don't know what anyone was thinking by green-lighting this. I don't know what the theme of it is I don't know what it's about I don't know why I'm supposed to care. This is not necessarily Robert zemeckis is fault. It's the bozos who decided that they should make this full movie in the first place. It was just a painful experience right from the first and opening shot.

I've never walked out on a movie in a theater, but I did get very good at falling asleep during movies that bored or annoyed the cr&p out of me, especially if it was at home...my spouse used to tease me, b/c he would rent intentionally bad movies to make fun of them, and I literally would fall asleep 15 minutes in and wake up during the credits - somehow, my brain was trained enough to watch out for me:)...

So, if you ask me about The Avengers (no, not that one...the bad 1998 movie with a real cast of Ralph Fiennes and Uma Thurman), I think I can bring some semblance of the opening sequence to mind...and then natta:)...

• Haha 2

Just now, TwoMisfits said:

I've never walked out on a movie in a theater, but I did get very good at falling asleep during movies that bored or annoyed the cr&p out of me, especially if it was at home...my spouse used to tease me, b/c he would rent intentionally bad movies to make fun of them, and I literally would fall asleep 15 minutes in and wake up during the credits - somehow, my brain was trained enough to watch out for me:)...

So, if you ask me about The Avengers (no, not that one...the bad 1998 movie with a real cast of Ralph Fiennes and Uma Thurman), I think I can bring some semblance of the opening sequence to mind...and then natta:)...

Don't forget Sean Connery as the bad guy! 

• Like 1

There were two movies where I was VERY close to walking out, from what I can remember. On both occasions, I was with my cousin and his now-wife, and I would have felt bad just standing up and leaving. The movies were Eragon and The Happening. For the first one, I just constantly fidgeted and yelled out loud something along the lines of "Are you fucking kidding me? That's Star Wars!" when they had that scene of the lead thinking about what to do, as the sun is setting in front of him or something like that. And with The Happening, I fell asleep.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Why hasnt the most current resident idiot been banned yet?? I mean he is totally off his rocker, rude to non DC fanboy posters and makes the thread unpleasant to read because everyone keeps responding to him... 

On topic: solid wednesday all around so far. 

@Christmas baumer had a friend tell me Marwen was the worst film they have ever seen and they are so easy to please...

Name calling? That must be ground for a ban 

• Haha 1