grim22

Ghostbusters: Afterlife | November 19 2021 | Sony | Delayed again

21 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Damn, F4 (2015) is so misbegotten it can't even crack a decades worst movie list and you didn't even name the ones that made money (except SS & T5). :sadno:

Well I filtered from the-numbers.com to have a list of big budget movies from the 2010 and ranked from the lowest bo to teh highest (feeling a good way to find the worst), I just got tired after enough example. T5 and SS being rare case of terrible movie that I watched part of them for some reason (being some stupid sheep wanting to into the conversation about SS I guess, T5 because the trailer did look nice but I was not achieve to watch the movie to the half).

40 minutes ago, 2kt09 said:

Even with movies like The Last Knight & Suicide Squad, I got what I paid for to wet my visual appetite.

Of that list of movies, half of which I have seen I would again say I enjoyed more than Ghostbusters.

If you think Suicide Squad was a more competently made movie than Ghostbuster or had good visual, that sure I guess GB2016 could be the worst for you, I am not sure I can understand that point of view too, Suicide Squad is so obviously deficient film making in every sense of the way, the editing, music cue, story, dialogue, SFX, characters it is a giant succession of incompetence imo, to a spectacular level.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Is it any close to their Cloud Atlas in term of Masterpiece ? Never tried to watch JA.

Jupiter Ascending is the only movie I've ever walked out of in cinemas. Absolutely awful in every single way conceivable; doesn't even work well as an ironically bad film because it's so boooooooooring

• Knock It Off 1

41 minutes ago, Barnack said:

If you think Suicide Squad was a more competently made movie than Ghostbuster or had good visual, that sure I guess GB2016 could be the worst for you, I am not sure I can understand that point of view too, Suicide Squad is so obviously deficient film making in every sense of the way, the editing, music cue, story, dialogue, SFX, characters it is a giant succession of incompetence imo, to a spectacular level.

The visuals of Ghostbusters aren't that far off from those Scooby Doo movies or the year before, Goosebumps.

That's complimented by story & characters barely trying to be refreshing or engaging. 

That's where Suicide Squad, a pop-rap styled urban fantasy about killers on a leash meant to replace Superman but whose actual mission is a plot twist comes out on top.

Ghostbusters had comedians do stale, easy improv and throw some technobable around.

The male co-stars of a female-led vehicle got to have genuine fun with what they were given. This was actually the movie that made me realize what Hemsworth could really show off with Thor and low and behold Ragnarok proves it.

Edited by 2kt09

Hot Take: all of the Ghostbusters are the same to me (C+/B- grades, decent fun but not memorable). Not one is better than the other except the first slightly.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord

10 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Finn is getting a bit overexposed at this point and the roles a bit samey.  

He's already typecast at age 15. He's the horror/supernatural movie teenager. Granted, in ST and It he plays completely different characters, he seems like a good talent.

32 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Finn is getting a bit overexposed at this point and the roles a bit samey. 

The kid who played Georgie in IT also played the creepy kid in The Prodigy last month lol. Talk about typecasting. Then again it's not like there's an endless amount of role possibilities out there for child actors.

1 hour ago, LaughingEvans said:

He's already typecast at age 15. He's the horror/supernatural movie teenager. Granted, in ST and It he plays completely different characters, he seems like a good talent.

Yeh I think it’s because the projects he’s had are so high profile too. Both genre too. Both in the 80’s. 

On 3/2/2019 at 1:01 AM, TMP said:

Jupiter Ascending is the only movie I've ever walked out of in cinemas. Absolutely awful in every single way conceivable; doesn't even work well as an ironically bad film because it's so boooooooooring

https://giphy.com/gifs/mila-kunis-eddie-redmayne-jupiter-ascending-szc4eFoGYgv4c

Edited by DAR