John Marston

MLK Weekend Thread: Glass - 40m 3 day, 47m 4 day| Aquaman passes 300m| Dragonball - 21m 5 day

8 hours ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Anime releases aren't big enough generally to warrant a full release. Funimation maximise their revenue by pushing single day releases when it comes to theatrical revenue usually. Out of all their releases, Your Name is the only one they tried a standard release on which back fired to a degree. 

Exactly, it's like the limited release of things like They Shall Not Grow Old, they know audiences will come but it's not worth the distribution cost to go fully wide. 

5 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

🤔

I will see where I land tomorrow (also seeing Shoplifters so that’s cool)

I was trolling a bit just for the sake of it. Glass is obviously the better movie (Escape Room was fun tho!).

• Like 1

I saw Broly today and more than 20 people were turned away because the only showing at the theater was sold out.

Obviously we would never get a wide release, but I think Funimation really lowballed just how big the audience for this was compared to the other two movies.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Napoleon said:

More like Aquaman was the one supposed to challenge Mary Bombins. People were acting like that shit was easily going to dominate the Holiday season. She could barely beat Bumblebee, lol

Mary Poppins was never a contender. I don't understand why so many people thought that it could even contemplate taking the holiday crown. It always looked awful...like a bad Julie Andrews cosplay (and I love Blunt, but nope. she ain't no Andrews).

8 hours ago, scabab said:

I'll ask again because I didn't get an answer before. Why is Box Office Mojo saying Broly $9.5 million for the 5 day for a $15 million start?

In what way does that work out? Are they referring to Thursday to Sunday? Because if made $7 million on Wednesday then with another $9.5 million...that's $16.5 million.

Nothing adds up to this $15 million they mention.

How about typos or miscalculation 🙄.