John Marston

MLK Weekend Thread: Glass - 40m 3 day, 47m 4 day| Aquaman passes 300m| Dragonball - 21m 5 day

Glass has one of those weird openings.  The opening is fine, solid even but something obviously went a little wrong,  if even slightly. No it didn't have to hit 75mil 4 day but most people expected it to do a little better. Now lets see where word of mouth takes it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Glass has one of those weird openings.  The opening is fine, solid even but something obviously went a little wrong,  if even slightly. No it didn't have to hit 75mil 4 day but most people expected it to do a little better. Now lets see where word of mouth takes it. 

It's not that weird, is it?  Critics really harmed the opening.

3 minutes ago, cubsfan said:

It's not that weird, is it?  Critics really harmed the opening.

Critics didn't do anything but give their opinion of a movie, which is their job. And if the movie was actually good (Note I haven't seen it just going by comments on here) then critics and audiences would have said it was good and its box office would have most likely reflected that. 

I feel like Cranston deserves some credit for Upside performing so well too. This is his first commercially friendly film since 2014's Godzilla, and I feel like he was one of the reasons that opened so big too

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Sometimes I don't know how much bad reviews truly do hurt a film. 

Word of mouth is what hurts a movie, not bad reviews.

It could be the best reviewed or the worst reviewed movie on RT. None of that matters if general audiences don't enjoy it. 

3 minutes ago, Nova said:

How long before a studio says fuck it and stops crowding the summer months by opening a franchise blockbuster in January. 

They don’t even crowd all of Summer. August has gotten overlooked in the past few years when history suggests it’s a prime release date for blockbusters...

• Like 1