John Marston

MLK Weekend Thread: Glass - 40m 3 day, 47m 4 day| Aquaman passes 300m| Dragonball - 21m 5 day

4 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

when james mcavoy's character is jerking off does that count as an orgy? is he pleasuring all of his identities or just the one? 

Would Mr. Glass' schlong be as fragile as the rest of his body? That's gotta hurt during the orgy

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I saw Escape Room and Glass today.

It is safe to say Adam Robitel > Shyamalan

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

i really did dig glass though. I'm glad it leaned more unbreakable than split, which was my big fear about the project, but that probably doesn't help WOM.

🤔

I will see where I land tomorrow (also seeing Shoplifters so that’s cool)

44 minutes ago, B D Joe said:

Mary Poppins Returns was supposed to challenge Aquaman for the holiday title and it wasn't even close. It is an underwhelming total.

More like Aquaman was the one supposed to challenge Mary Bombins. People were acting like that shit was easily going to dominate the Holiday season. She could barely beat Bumblebee, lol

.................the hell's going on here?

Anyway, Glass doing slightly better than Split numbers in spite of the mixed wom and negative reviews proves the money left on the table by Shyamalan. Goddammit, you could have been posting a 60-70M OW right now. Although, from everything I've heard about how the movie is thus far, I feel like I'll dig it just fine. I loved Unbreakable and liked Split, btw.

DB Broly is the big standout of the weekend, for sure. Though hopefully we don't get another DB Evolution anytime soon as a response to its success.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

1 hour ago, CoolEric258 said:

Why are we still talking about a movie that came out 5 weeks ago, when we have a new 40M+ opener? Are you guys really that boring?

That is because there isn't much to say except: Glass is ruling the box office worldwide, King Shyamalan is back.

3 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

The film did very well regardless how you spin it, it is tracking 40% ahead of TGS and pass La La Land.

With more holidays such as MLK, President Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labour Day and Thanksgiving to come, I can see the film reach 400m as what you have proclaimed. 

Will see where it will end, but it is quite far from those 2 has of now.

La la land: 446m

Greatest Showman: 435m

Poppins: 292m

42 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Only on BOT is a movie doubling it's budget on OW a disappointment. Sure maybe to the overinflated expectations but not to Universal/Disney.

That not only on this message board and it is something that can happen, specially when the budget is artificially small because of the deal structure.

Take a Get Out 2 sequel keeping a 4.5m budget (because Blum and Peele get 60% of the profits) with a small 65m world release cost more than double it<s budget on OW with a 12m, it would be big disappointment.

Disappointment:

sadness or displeasure caused by the nonfulfillment of one's hopes or expectations.

Being disappointed or not is 100% based on expectations and those are correlated to the budget but not entirely and not fully, the 90M movie The Promise starting at 30M would have been much more impressive than the 20M Glass starting at 30M and one would have been a big disappointment and not the other.

8 hours ago, grim22 said:

Can we call something with bad reviews and to be determined legs a massive win? This is more of a "could have been way better, could have been way worse" than a massive win. They will make a profit, but this scenario was definitely not one which the studio and the makers probably went in anticipating.

It’s the last movie in the series anyway, they’ll take their profit and run.  It’s not like they’re planning 5 more sequels to it

5 hours ago, TMP said:

Glass being over/under $100m is pretty disappointing. If Bloodshot and when Hellboy bombs, I guess Pixar might be the only non-Marvel/DC company to get big hit superhero films out

I really hope Bloodshot does well! Valiant has a really cool roster of superheroes/villains that could give DC/Marvel a run for their money. It's too bad they don't own Turok anymore (that'd be an easy billion dollar grosser).