Litio

4-day Weekend Official| Alita $33.50M, Lego $27.75m, Isn't Romantic $16.64M, WMW $12.21m, HDD2U $11m

1 minute ago, Nova said:

Happy Death day 2U hasn't even sold 40 tickets for the whole day today at my theater. It has 7 showtimes in the largest auditorium too. Yikes. 

I guess people didn’t like the first film as much as Universal thought. It’s not as if there’s big competition in the way. And we all know this weekend can be gigantic audience wise if there are films people want to see (Black Panther, Deadpool, Fifty Shades, Friday the 13th). 

• Sad 2

10 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I guess people didn’t like the first film as much as Universal thought. It’s not as if there’s big competition in the way. And we all know this weekend can be gigantic audience wise if there are films people want to see (Black Panther, Deadpool, Fifty Shades, Friday the 13th). 

Yea I guess so. I'm just honestly shocked at how bad its doing especially since horror movies have had such a great hot streak going as well. I really thought it would continue with this film. 

Alita is 1B+  just wait and watch. The story may not be that good but the experience was fantastic.. 

It is going to do 300M+ in NA and maybe more. This movie will cut Captain Marvel in half.. Don't be surprised if Captain Marvel opens second at Domestic box office. 

Alita is fantastic. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

https://deadline.com/2019/02/happy-death-day-2u-isnt-it-romantic-opening-day-box-office-1202556699/

5TH UPDATE, FRIDAY AM: Alita: Battle Angel came in $200K higher than expected with an $8.7M first day (that includes $2.4M previews) to win the Valentine’s Day box office. We also hear that the Robert Rodriguez directed-Fox/Lightstorm produced sci-fi pic notched an A- CinemaScore and that PostTrak exits rose to 4 1/2 stars (which is great).

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Nova said:

Yea I guess so. I'm just honestly shocked at how bad its doing especially since horror movies have had such a great hot streak going as well. I really thought it would continue with this film. 

The first Happy Death Day was more of a comedy than a horror movie tbh. I guess there was no fooling audiences a second time. 

Very nice numbers for Alita. Also pretty good for Isn't It Romantic as well.

Edited by filmlover

Also, while I'm not trying to imply that Alita did poorly yesterday, people really have to keep these numbers is perspective. It's still a smaller opening day than John Carter, and only about a million more than Ghost in the Shell. Sure, it's definitely going to beat tracking, but 100M DOM and 450WW is still going to be considered a big win for it. 

• Like 1