Litio

4-day Weekend Official| Alita $33.50M, Lego $27.75m, Isn't Romantic $16.64M, WMW $12.21m, HDD2U $11m

11 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

So for me the International Thread now works and the China @ the box office sub topic works, it's just the normal "Box Office Discussion" sub-topic that's broken for now. 

I don't know whether that means they've fixed something or are in the process of doing so. Or perhaps it magically fixed itself :P 

International was the last 24h on (than usually a bit slow till it opened) and off, China I could and can access always.

But dom and the Lot area only work per search or direct link e.g. via activity of myself or another user still

on the other side, a few days back were problems with the speed a post finally was up and in especial China a lot of dps without having done refresh... = now the post get up very speedy :D

Thinking of that, the areas with the most dps a few days back are the ones that were the best / most often accessible during this version of problems. Maybe trying to fix one problem caused another problem?

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

International was the last 24h on (than usually a bit slow till it opened) and off, China I could and can access always.

But dom and the Lot area only work per search or direct link e.g. via activity of myself or another user still

on the other side, a few days back were problems with the speed a post finally was up and in especial China a lot of dps without having done refresh... = now the post get up very speedy :D

Thinking of that, the areas with the most dps a few days back are the ones that were the best / most often accessible during this version of problems. Maybe trying to fix one problem caused another problem?

This is what I think. I've noticed a few problems have been fixed recently:

• emojis load quickly again
  • the like react has an image again
  • the post goes up quickly
  • no double posting

Yet it seems to have (as a by-product or a coincidence) caused this recent problem. 

I'm sure we'll get to a stage where everything works as intended :) 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, salvador-232 said:

Don't you love that people still give a not cool to Lord even when he is saying something useful? 

Yeah, because they are a fanboy mob. Check out the Alita thread where I got "not cool" for saying that original films do break out and it is not all superhero films dominating the industry.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 9

14 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

This is what I think. I've noticed a few problems have been fixed recently:

• emojis load quickly again
  • the like react has an image again
  • the post goes up quickly
  • no double posting

Yet it seems to have (as a by-product or a coincidence) caused this recent problem. 

I'm sure we'll get to a stage where everything works as intended :) 

The like react doesn't have an image for me tough :( 

2 hours ago, terrestrial said:

Till now they always managed to find the problem (someone remember the big software upgrade? 😉 )

Does the workaround work for you?

What do you mean with workaround? When i want to go to the box office discussion it says error but i can come on this weekend thread discussion

One of the things that's so annoying with lord is that he seems to take pleasure in being as negative as he can on Alita, making sure to note when the film has a bad opening somewhere or that sort of thing, it happens all the time. MarvelDCFox does the same by the way. I just can't understand that attitude. If you wanna root for something to fail, find yourself a worthy target, not Alita. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Knock It Off 1

Just now, TimmyRiggins said:

One of the things that's so annoying with lord is that he seems to take pleasure in being as negative as he can on Alita, making sure to note when the film has a bad opening somewhere or that sort of thing, it happens all the time. MarvelDCFox does the same by the way. I just can't understand that attitude. If you wanna root for something to fail, find yourself a worthy target, not Alita. 

Show me where I have been negative on this thread Timmy. I don't note when the film has a bad opening or whatever either. And why shouldn't I want Alita to fail (just to make it clear, I don't want it to fail)? Is it because a lot of people on this forum like the movie?

15 minutes ago, Julian1410 said:

What do you mean with workaround? When i want to go to the box office discussion it says error but i can come on this weekend thread discussion

2 different work-arounds I posted here and in General Discussion as that too seems to be accessible for some:

1. use the search box in the upper right corner and fill in the - hopefully correctly written - movie title of the thread you are trying to access. As it is a direct link it should work.... click on the finding.

To reduce the findings its recommendable to reduce the search to 'search in topics only'

2. use the activity area of members here in the thread you can access and look for threads they reacted to, posted in, or got a reaction to. Click on the thread names you want to access

You find the activity area per member per clicking on their avatar-picture or their user name... the big area on the right is their last some activity summary

Or you could name here the title of the thread you actually want to visit (or in General discussion) and I can try to find it for you and post you the link to follow (or other members that might answer such a post)

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

Are you aware about ppl not all being native English speaker?

Also even regional differences can mean utterly other meaning to certain terms?

In addition here being members that are more into general BO or interested into certain BOs for other reasons than being a 'fan' of said movie?

I stay away from Alita bcs too many there seem to WANT to misinterpret a lot of posts of ppl interested into it, but not being extreme fans of it. Including to wish it very well, but seeing it with a step farther away than some extremer fans seem to do, try to see the picture in a more complex way.

What I am partly even disgusted about the tone there is, that if someone interprets another ones post, too many seem to follow said interpretation without really reading it, including the ~ courtesy to not assume the other ones wants the worst or .... that there might be reasons other than assumed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Alita: Battle Angel $11.55mn Saturday.

Thursday - $8.71mn

Friday - $7.53mn

Saturday - $11.55mn

Total - $27.79mn

Heading for $28mn+ FSS and $42mn 5 days.

Nice jump! The realm of $100m draws nearer

14 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Thursday - $8.71mn

Friday - $7.53mn

Saturday - $11.55mn

Total - $27.79mn

CHARLIE! The bringing of great news.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Thursday - $8.71mn

Friday - $7.53mn

Saturday - $11.55mn

Total - $27.79mn

Great. 100M looks realistic with a 40M+ 5-day as i think WOM will be good.

• Like 2

ALITA wom kicked in. 92% audience score on RT. No matter what the critics score is have very frequently found the audience score on RT to be a reliable indicator.

Even if u look at MPR, ITSV, AQM, BB in December. BB and ITSV had a very high critics score but ITSV was far ahead in Audience score than the rest and it showed in legs.

Movie Critics% Audience%

ITSV    97%       94%

BB       93%       78%

AQM    65%       78%

MPR    78%       69%

TLJ, TGS, JUM another example. TLJ far ahead in critics score while TGS and JUM far ahead in Aud score.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, a2k said:

ALITA wom kicked in. 92% audience score on RT. No matter what the critics score is have very frequently found the audience score on RT to be a reliable indicator.

Even if u look at MPR, ITSV, AQM, BB in December. BB and ITSV had a very high critics score but ITSV was far ahead in Audience score than the rest and it showed in legs.

Movie Critics% Audience%

ITSV    97%       94%

BB       93%       78%

AQM    65%       78%

MPR    78%       69%

TLJ, TGS, JUM another example. TLJ far ahead in critics score while TGS and JUM far ahead in Aud score.

MPR seems like an outlier here. It had the lowest audience score but will end up with the highest multiplier out of the December openers. 

Just now, Charlie Jatinder said:

I mean its common for animations but isn't it ridiculous that, LEGO 2 did $1mn on Wednesday and 3 days later $8.5mn Approx on Saturday. Like 750% jump with probably lower number of shows.

The power of familys that cant go with their kids to the cinema if its a workday like Wednesday.

1 hour ago, Julian1410 said:

58 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

2 different work-arounds I posted here and in General Discussion as that too seems to be accessible for some:

1. use the search box in the upper right corner and fill in the - hopefully correctly written - movie title of the thread you are trying to access. As it is a direct link it should work.... click on the finding.

To reduce the findings its recommendable to reduce the search to 'search in topics only'

2. use the activity area of members here in the thread you can access and look for threads they reacted to, posted in, or got a reaction to. Click on the thread names you want to access

You find the activity area per member per clicking on their avatar-picture or their user name... the big area on the right is their last some activity summary

Or you could name here the title of the thread you actually want to visit (or in General discussion) and I can try to find it for you and post you the link to follow (or other members that might answer such a post)

On Desktop click on the folder titled "Unread Content" under the search bar. On mobile website, click on the folded paper at the top bar to go to unread content. OR

If you are on desktop click on "More" at the top right and then click on "All Activity". 

If you are on mobile website, click on the 3 horizontal bars at top right, then click on "Activity" then click on"All Activity".

This will show all the posts that you havent read yet and/or all the recent activity. From here you can access all recent threads.

Or another method is as you said to search the thread title if you are looking for a specific thread.

Edited by ZeeSoh
  • Like 1