Litio

4-day Weekend Official| Alita $33.50M, Lego $27.75m, Isn't Romantic $16.64M, WMW $12.21m, HDD2U $11m

18 minutes ago, a2k said:

ALITA wom kicked in. 92% audience score on RT. No matter what the critics score is have very frequently found the audience score on RT to be a reliable indicator.

Even if u look at MPR, ITSV, AQM, BB in December. BB and ITSV had a very high critics score but ITSV was far ahead in Audience score than the rest and it showed in legs.

Movie Critics% Audience%

ITSV    97%       94%

BB       93%       78%

AQM    65%       78%

MPR    78%       69%

TLJ, TGS, JUM another example. TLJ far ahead in critics score while TGS and JUM far ahead in Aud score.

Critics haven't been too useful in recent years. When everyone has twitter and can say what they think of the movie, why go for your critics when your friends can tell you what they think. I rely alot more on what my friends and others think and i don't think i am far from the only one.

Edited by ScoobyDoo21

4 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

I know but I find it ridiculous. We never see such trend here in India. Mostly due to the factor that kids aren't driving factor to movies.

Whats ridiculous about it? Youve said it yourself: Different marketplaces, different conditions. If kids are not an important factor in India, then theres of course no reason why family movies should skyrocket like that on weekends.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

MPR seems like an outlier here. It had the lowest audience score but will end up with the highest multiplier out of the December openers. 

that's cause it had a wed od. bb's ow would have been in mid-high teens if it burnt off demand on wed and thu.

Edited by a2k
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

A new Jim Cameron movie is released and it crashes the board. Amazing. The admins might want to upgrade their servers before we reach December 18th, 2020.

Going to need to crowd fund a second set of servers for Avatar 2

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, salvador-232 said:

Lol, @IronJimbo, If I get not cools at least I want to earn it:

Alita under How To Train Your Dragon 3 FOURTH weekend in Chile :insane: (in admissions), despite having 20% more showtimes. 

i think it is interesting that the movie is underperforming like this in latin america (though i guess as you said, usually only animation for kids does big bussiness there so it is expected? ). Iron City is located somewhere in central america (moved there from the US) and Rodrigez explicitly stated that he wanted to add a bit of a hispanic flair to the setting. I have only been to Santiago for a few days, but at least from that limited experience Rodrigez kept his word there.

Edited by chuck0

54 minutes ago, ScoobyDoo21 said:

Critics haven't been too useful in recent years. When everyone has twitter and can say what they think of the movie, why go for your critics when your friends can tell you what they think. I rely alot more on what my friends and others think and i don't think i am far from the only one.

The critics' job is to review/analyze movies, not simply give you directions or validate the audience's tastes.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1