sfran43

Weekend Thread | An Asgardian pops in on p.9 ~ HTTYD3 17m, A:BA 3.1m, IIR 2.2m

1 minute ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Probably not the most original answer but The Avengers I'll always be able to rewatch endlessly 

I didn't want to like it, but The Avengers was such a well plotted movie, which surprised me because it had so many characters to focus on!!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

Random thought, but do you guys have a movie(s), that no matter how many times you watch it, you enjoy it like it's the 1st time? And it doesn't even have to be a good/great movie, but somehow, you'll watch it every time it comes on?! For me, it's Unstoppable and the 1st John Wick!

The Princess Bride

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

For those of you who have seen it how does The Hidden World rank against the first two Dragon movies (I am one of the few that like Dragon 2 better than 1 and think both are Grade A films)

1 is the best quality-wise for me, but 3 just has such a great emotional core. Its a perfect conclusion and thats why its my favourite.

30 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

Random thought, but do you guys have a movie(s), that no matter how many times you watch it, you enjoy it like it's the 1st time? And it doesn't even have to be a good/great movie, but somehow, you'll watch it every time it comes on?! For me, it's Unstoppable and the 1st John Wick!

Jurassic World and Jurassic Park

The Shining
Mad Max: Fury Road
The Handmaiden
Oldboy (2003)

Kill Bill Volume 1
Godzilla 2014
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

The LOTR trilogy

From the top of my head. Theres 30-40 movies that i could watch on repeat for years.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

But my absolute favourite of the 4 I remember have to be Bridge to Terabithia equally with The Magic Roundabout. Both are very emotional for me (partially nostalgically)

I'm also quite nostalgic over The Magic Roundabout film too. Would watch it endlessly as a kid even though the dvd quality was poor.

This is the first year since....I don't know when-where the first film I will in theaters see will be in March. (Well the last 2 years in a row I didn't see a single film in September or October which was the first time in a long time in 2017)

Edit:  oops-saw Aquaman this year, not last year (I put that in another post)

2 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

I'm also quite nostalgic over The Magic Roundabout film too. Would watch it endlessly as a kid even though the dvd quality was poor.

Indeed, this was a similar reason to me. Similarly TJB was the VHS I would always choose first as a kid, so that holds a special place. The other VHS I always enjoyed was some Pokémon movie set in winter about mewtoo... which is strange since my brothers were the pokemon fans and collectors and I never had an interest outside that movie... I don't even know the name of it.

• Like 1

Just now, Impact said:

This is the first year since....I don't know when-where the first film I will in theaters see will be in March. (Well the last 2 years in a row I didn't see a single film in September or October which was the first time in a long time in 2017)

Its only logical to save your money for Pika-Pika. Since every human who likes films will see that film atleast 42 times, a lot of money will be spent.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Impact said:

Wait-I saw Aquaman the first week of January, so I have seen something this year. (I was sick the week it came out, and basically snowed in for the next 2 weeks)

16 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

Random thought, but do you guys have a movie(s), that no matter how many times you watch it, you enjoy it like it's the 1st time? And it doesn't even have to be a good/great movie, but somehow, you'll watch it every time it comes on?! For me, it's Unstoppable and the 1st John Wick!

To pick 10 - JP1, Alien, Fatal Attraction, Wall Street, American Beauty, FotR, KFP1, Wedding Crashers, Dead Man's Chest, What Lies Beneath

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sfran43 said:

Dark Knight

Lion King

Ip Man (Hong Kong Film)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

Ip Man (Hong Kong Film)

Back in 6th through 9th grade, we would watch Ip Man all the time when watching a movie in my Mandarin Chinese class, that and a weird alien dog movie.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Back in 6th through 9th grade, we would watch Ip Man all the time when watching a movie in my Mandarin Chinese class, that and a weird alien dog movie.

Haha, I believe that weird alien dog movie is CJ7, am I right?

Edited by TigerPaw
  • Like 1

The Social Network, The Dark Knight, Edge of Tomorrow, Sing Street, Mission Impossible Fallout. I saw Juno twice in the last few days, so maybe that could be up there for me too.

• Like 1

The Sixth Sense. Even knowing the twist, it's still utterly perfect and fantastic. I genuinely can't think of a thing wrong with it. Little Shop of Horrors is also amazing, and it's always a film that brings me joy. Finding Nemo and the first Spongebob movie also fall under the same umbrella, but those are clouded hard by nostalgia.

Edited by CoolEric258
  • Like 2