sfran43

Weekend Thread | An Asgardian pops in on p.9 ~ HTTYD3 17m, A:BA 3.1m, IIR 2.2m

2 hours ago, sfran43 said:

Random thought, but do you guys have a movie(s), that no matter how many times you watch it, you enjoy it like it's the 1st time? And it doesn't even have to be a good/great movie, but somehow, you'll watch it every time it comes on?! For me, it's Unstoppable and the 1st John Wick!

Man of steel and the first guardians of the galaxy. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Little Shop of Horrors is also amazing, and it's always a film that brings me joy.

I love that movie. Beetlejuice is also a good one,  I saw it when I was 9 and it got me into Tim Burton.

Both the last 2 Dragon movies dropped around 20% on their first Sunday. If the Sat # holds and this sees a similar Sunday drop, 60M would be easily topped. I have a feeling the drop will be somewhat larger (Dragon 2 was in the Summer, even though its Saturday was muted). Thinking the official estimate will be 60M. Anything with a 6 in front of it I would be happy with.

Good for Alita too! 12M+ weekend is a good recovery after some of the early reports. 85-90M isn't a bad domestic haul given how comparable movies have done (Ghost in the Shell anyone?). Add to that 140M or so in China, and this'll do over 400WW for sure. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

Seems locked to be the first 150+ of the year, but not sure if I’d call that big anymore. If it legs past 200 (which is very possible) then I’d say unequivocally yes.   

Edit: A little more detail — in the past 6 year period 120 movies did 150+, exactly 6 per year. A dozen years earlier the 20th biggest movie of the year was generally 90-115Mish.

Are you missing some number? 120/6 = 20 movies per year , what is exactly 6?