sfran43

Weekend Thread | An Asgardian pops in on p.9 ~ HTTYD3 17m, A:BA 3.1m, IIR 2.2m

I wished the HTTYD-films had the large grosses of the DM-films.

HTTYD feels like the franchise that knows how to focus on a great story & mature themes without relying too much of slapsticky humour, and yet none of the films were massive successes. How is it so hard for some ”coming of age”-animated films to breakout the same way Illumination does with their movies? 😔😢

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, raulbalarezo said:

Alita: Battle Angel grossed an estimated $92.4M internationally this weekend, including debuts of $62.3M in China and $3.2M in Japan. International total stands at $202.7M, global total stands at $263.4M.#Alita #AlitaBattleAngel #BoxOffice @20thcenturyfox @AlitaMovie

92.4 OS weekend = 62.3 China + 3.2 Japan + 26.9 OS-Jp-Ch

65 more in China

12 more Japan

55 more OS-Jp-Ch

= 132 more OS

25 more Dom after 12 weekend

Gives 263 current WW + 132 + 25 = 420 WW

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

Hey, he put his money where his mouth was and I know he will honor it like a gentleman.  It always sucks when the movies we are so passionate about don't do what we think they should do.

We've all been there.

My hats off to @IronJimbo for not backing down and always believing in it!  You win some and you lose some.

Alita didn't hit all 4 quadrants as I thought it would. Was a great film of course, that much was obvious. Always felt a little off in the trailers, not epic enough.

Avatar making 4 billies be ready.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, CJohn said:

100M are officially dead (they have been dead since February 14th but whatever). Sequel is officially dead. No way Disney touches this again. Maybe a TV show for Hulu.

If Disney didn't make a sequel to Tron Legacy, I don't see why Alita would be a priority. Especially after seeing how hard Pac Rim 2 flopped.

3 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

If Disney didn't make a sequel to Tron Legacy, I don't see why Alita would be a priority. Especially after seeing how hard Pac Rim 2 flopped.

Right but they still decided to go ahead and make a TV show for Tron a year or two after Legacy came out. I think an Alita series could do well on Disney+ or Hulu if Disney and Cameron decide they wanna continue the story.