sfran43

Weekend Thread | An Asgardian pops in on p.9 ~ HTTYD3 17m, A:BA 3.1m, IIR 2.2m

3 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

Right but they still decided to go ahead and make a TV show for Tron a year or two after Legacy came out. I think an Alita series could do well on Disney+ or Hulu if Disney and Cameron decide they wanna continue the story.

The animated Tron series was in production before Legacy came out 

1 hour ago, Jonwo said:

I really liked The Lego Movie 2 but I think much like the previous films, the humour doesn't translate OS apart from the English speaking countries.

This is very true. Just saw it and most of the jokes require an understanding of US pop culture than most OS audiences don't have. Let alone kids.

2 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

$420-500 million worldwide is great for Alita. If it weren't for the Evil Company buying Fox I bet it would get a sequel, especially cause this movie would be very popular on Netflix. Now it will be buried in their flop streaming service.

It's really sad that the Mouse got hold of Avatar, they're going to try make as much money with shitty toys and stuff. Hopefully Jim has enough power to tell them to shove it.

Fuck Disney and fuck corps.

Jim is the last defense vs studio film making, anyone rooting against Alita should be ashamed.

Rent boys like JJ get made a fool of and walked all over.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

It's really sad that the Mouse got hold of Avatar, they're going to try make as much money with shitty toys and stuff. Hopefully Jim has enough power to tell them to shove it.

Fuck Disney and fuck corps.

Jim is the last defense vs studio film making, anyone rooting against Alita should be ashamed.

Rent boys like JJ get made a fool of and walked all over.

Nobody bought Avatar toys the first time around, be thankful they made a theme park experience to keep people going. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Nobody bought Avatar toys the first time around, be thankful they made a theme park experience to keep people going. 

Bingo. You should be getting on your hands and knees, Jimbo.

3 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Jim owns Avatar and Disney won't get to distribute 4&5 if they piss Jim off.

Everyone bows to Jim.

Cool. Good thing is Disney can live with that so no, they don't bow to Jim.

25 minutes ago, salvador-232 said:

This is very true. Just saw it and most of the jokes require an understanding of US pop culture than most OS audiences don't have. Let alone kids.

I think that is something WAG will be more mindful of for future films. 

58 minutes ago, JB33 said:

0.75AMatW confirmed for Alita. 

Needs 467 ww for 0.75AMW.

Even 450 is optimistic at the moment,

136 china (@gavin's 64.8 ow * 2.1x)

16 japan

91 dom

207 os-china-japan (this weekend's 26.9 os-china-japan * 2.5x)

= 450

Feel 15 under 450 is more realistic.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Jim owns Avatar and Disney won't get to distribute 4&5 if they piss Jim off.

Everyone bows to Jim.

Love Cameron but the DOM box office crowd certainly didn't bow down to him this go around. Glad Alita is performing well OS for sure. 

Sequel could happen. Hope it does. I'd be curious if returns increased or diminished.

2 minutes ago, DAR said:

Once and for all can some explain what 0.75 AMW means

I'm taking a friendly jab at @IronJimbo. He coined the term 0.5 A (which means half the worldwide gross of Avatar) to illustrate that only a handful of films have achieved that.

He also made a Alita > AMatW worldwide club so I'm saying that Alita is going to do 75% of AMatW's worldwide gross AT BEST.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DAR said:

Once and for all can some explain what 0.75 AMW means

75% of Ant-man2's ww.

Started with IronJimbo celebrating and pointing out that TLJ did under 0.5A (half of Avatar). And he has an Alita over AMW club. JB33 pointed out that 0.75AMW is more like it for Alita.