MrGlass2

Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom | December 22, 2023 | David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick (co-writer of first film) returns

5 minutes ago, Firepower said:

Reports about the worst movie ever made are probably as accurate as those reports about The Flash being the best movie ever made or Indy 5 being fantastic.

Well the first movie didn’t blow critics away so this being rotten won’t be surprising the way DCU has been failing

2 hours ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

That looks rad. It’s gotten me excited in a way other trailers for blockbusters lately haven’t. I’ll see it in a theater. I’m also a bit more optimistic about it’s opening weekend chances now.

2 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

Yeah sorry but this looks like a stupid blast i’m all in

same. They didn't even bother with underwater effect lmaooo but the movie is embracing dumb fun and I'm counting days. It confirms the leaks 100% which means Ormthur bromance ahoy! Bring it! 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Yeah. WB should have spent their marketing money on this instead of The Flash

this x 100000. 

21 minutes ago, Firepower said:

Reports about the worst movie ever made are probably as accurate as those reports about The Flash being the best movie ever made or Indy 5 being fantastic.

also this! ☝️

Looks like more of the same. But considering that means 2 more hours of pot-induced CGI battles and feral Jason Momoa warcries, it's not a bad deal in the slightest. As I've said before though, audiences of today are a lot more demanding and won't settle with pure dumb fun like the first Aquaman, which will be a major hurdle for it, on top of the baggage the DC brand comes with. We'll just have to wait until December to see how it all plays out.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

$600M should be attainable assuming its not hot dogwater. I think people underestimate just how much the Holiday's and barren January helps films overall BO

Agreed. I’m higher on it than most people seem to be. 700-750m ww

The spectacle honestly looks like it may outclass the first, which really isn’t an easy feat. Idk, this movie would have to have a pretty horrific script to be as bad as some of the reports if the spectacle delivers, bc that’s really all the first film had going for it too (and all it needed tbh). 

And looks like my suspicion they’d pretty much hide Heard in the marketing is going to pan out. Honestly, it’s a smart move. I would keep both her or Depp as far away from my big budget tentpole marketing these days if I were the studios. 

• Like 1