DeeCee

***SPOILERS***Captain Marvel Spoiler Thread | ***WARNING SPOILERS ALLOWED***WARNING SPOILERS ALLOWED***WARNING SPOILERS ALLOWED***

18 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Would be really shocking for CM2 not to be set post-Endgame.

Ronan's remark about coming back for her (not necessarily on earth) might hint on things to come. As he is already dead during Avengers IW.... Plus she said she will come for the Intelligence. I think its possible she is one of the reasons the Kree had to sign the peace treaty.

I could imagine her meeting Nova Prime before GotG 1, if she is involved.

I can imagine her being the one Star Lord is speaking about, but I am doubting it also, as I am strongly doubting she will introduce herself as Kree after CM 1.

If the do a meet scene I am 100% against her being in anyform 'interested' into him or anything despite cutting him short / down (I hope that is the right term) for any try.

With her powers I can not imagine a need for something happening n her side that might cause the scar directly, maybe as unintended consequences, like him being a bystander to something bigger.

Captain Marvel in honour of Mar-Vell from her side - sometime after CM 1.

Or e.g. as a bit of a playfulness, as she is full of marvels for Fury, maybe he had named her like that in his records for that in connection, with Mar-Vell giving the idea in the first place.

Definitely holds up upon a second viewing.  

The only complaints I could have about the movie are the lack of stakes.  You  know the main characters (Marvel, Fury, Coulson) are not going to die because it's a prequel and when she finally learns all her power, she basically becomes superman and the only threat to her are what her enemies can do to the people she cares about.  

Talos is great and I like the seeds they planted to get the Skrulls to become the vilains in the future.  

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, andersonhoran said:

they wont let me access it based on location or it has something to do with the Europe data protection.

Roughly / short... please what is it about?

16 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

they wont let me access it based on location or it has something to do with the Europe data protection.

Roughly / short... please what is it about?

“One of the scenes in the early draft of the script was the idea of a ‘time lens,’” Townsend explained. “When she was going back and looking through her memories, or the Skrulls were peering through her memories searching, you would have sort of this time lens ... where you would have moments where Carol would appear in modern day and back in her past all in the same way.”

He added, “I remember reading it for the first time in an early draft and thinking, ‘Whoa, that’s really hard. I have no idea how to do that, and that could be so cool.’”

The time lens ultimately disappeared from the script, and Townsend told us he’s not sure what it would’ve looked like. 

While going through Carol’s memories in the movie, you see a moment when she’s with her friend Maria Rambeau’s daughter, Monica, looking up at a shooting star.

It didn’t take long for fans to speculate on Reddit that the shooting star is actually a ship in which Peter Quill is being taken from Earth by Yondu back in 1988. 

The timelines may match up, and though Townsend couldn’t confirm it, he also couldn’t deny his admiration for the theory.

“I’ve never heard that about Peter Quill, but I love it,” he said. “I love the fan side of what we do. I love the reactions. I love how much thought [goes into everything]. Obviously, there’s a huge amount of thought that goes into it from everyone on our end making the films, but there’s an amazing sort of reading into things, like the shooting star.”

He added, “To be honest, this is my fifth Marvel movie. When I went to see ‘Infinity War,’ there were so many things in there, little pieces were tied up, which I thought were amazing in ways I’ve never perceived.”

he also said that most of Goose scenes are CGI cat cause you cna't make a cat do what you want at the excat moment. so they filmed cats in various moods, positions, etc and then made Goose. He also watched a lot of SLJ movies in order to perfect de-age.

• Thanks 1

I answer here something dashrendar44 said in the fanwwar thread

I'll add spoler tags, as I think then there is less of a chance a spoiler gets seen per the link I'll give there

I am not really sure if you have seen CM as there are mistakes in this statement:

8 hours ago, dashrendar44 said:

But see how she destroyed that whole Kree armada without breaking a sweat even though those vessels were full of Kree. That's what happened in MOS when Superman just destroyed the last Krypton ships. Just like she obliterated every one of her Kree former squad "friends"without any moral quandary.

Spoiler

she destroyed one of the big ships. Than ~ floated before Ronan's ship. Gave them the choice.... = Ronan left with more than one ship.

She dd with that, what a lot of tacticians did and do: show their ability, without killing all. Make a kind of stand.

She is still not the old Carol, the last 6 years of Kree culture ~ mind-wash are not deleted only bcs she starts to remember her past = her natural reaction will be, at least for a time, be a mix out of Kree and arth POVs.

Also; she knows what kind of 'language' th Kres understand, especially the Accusers. Definitivly not negotiations,...

She did not 'obliterated every one of her Kree former squad "friends"'

Squad leader Yon-Rogg survived, Korath survived. Minn-Erva died in a duel with Maria Rambeau.

If others might have survived,... theoretically possible, see Korath survived.

Not sure if anyone died directly by her hand, the Krees stood up repeatedly from blows,... that would have killed a human.

They do have also a space protecting clothing/equipment with them.

Its rather difficult to kill a Kree for good.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, terrestrial said:

@terrestrial

Hide contents

she destroyed one of the big ships. Than ~ floated before Ronan's ship. Gave them the choice.... = Ronan left with more than one ship.

She dd with that, what a lot of tacticians did and do: show their ability, without killing all. Make a kind of stand.

Ok, the whole armada is not destroyed obviously because Ronan survived, of course. But nonetheless we see her obliterates ships with absolute glee and no second guess about killing thousands of Kree as a way of flexing her muscles.

She is still not the old Carol, the last 6 years of Kree culture ~ mind-wash are not deleted only bcs she starts to remember her past = her natural reaction will be, at least for a time, be a mix out of Kree and arth POVs.

Also; she knows what kind of 'language' th Kres understand, especially the Accusers. Definitivly not negotiations,...

Maybe she's not the only one who's brainwashed. I mean most of the Krees are kind of brainwashed, no? Why don't they have that benefit of doubt like Carol Danvers?

What I mean is she doesn't really change deeply. At the start, she's this deadspan killing machine in the name of the Kree cause. Then on a whim, she switches allegiance because a skrull put a gun at her and her BFF. Then she goes back to be a rampage machine now against the Kree instead of the Skrulls. She never questions herself, morally speaking. That for 6 years she slaughtered Skrulls without guilt or questioning why, now she will go after the Kree without guilt.

My hot take in the Franchise thread was a lighthearted comparison. A lot of people complained that the main character of Superman was wooden and acted like a reckless douchebag unleashing his destructive powers not minding of his surroundings and actions consequences, almost sociopathic.

Captain Marvel features a similar character with unlimited powers that uses them in a deadpan way then displays absolute glee during her showcase of those destructive powers by the end. Certain scenes like her smashing the jukebox for the sake of it, breaking in the store and stealing the motorcycle reminded me of Clark Kent twisting a truck around a pole after a petty fight in a bar just because he feels like it. Just because you feel superior to anybody else doesn't mean you're free to do whatever you want just because you decided that you answer to no one as an overpowered individual. Both those characters never learn that moral lesson. But in Superman's case, acting cocky and smug was seen as bad but Captain Marvel acting cocky and smug is celebrated.

But at least, Superman has the kryptonite as a weakness. Captain Marvel has no weakness.

She did not 'obliterated every one of her Kree former squad "friends"'

Squad leader Yon-Rogg survived, Korath survived. Minn-Erva died in a duel with Maria Rambeau.

If others might have survived,... theoretically possible, see Korath survived.

Not sure if anyone died directly by her hand, the Krees stood up repeatedly from blows,... that would have killed a human.

They do have also a space protecting clothing/equipment with them.

Its rather difficult to kill a Kree for good.

My point is not so much that she didn't kill all of them on screen in a graphic way but her clear intention was to punch them into oblivion, death as a collateral damage be damned. Which is exactly what Superman does in MOS. Hence Marvel stopped before she starts snapping necks because that would be too much similarities and borderline making the title character tone deaf.

Now compare with Captain America's torn relationship with Bucky/The Winter Soldier. The moral conflict. Steve Rogers questioning stance on the use of superpowers by SHIELD that looks similar to the Kree in The Winter Soldier for exemple. There's no such intrincacies in Captain Marvel because we don't know what she deeply stands for unlike Captain America's understanding of the moral implications of his superpowers.

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, dashrendar44 said:

Ok, the

Beforehand:

- I never was one of those that did react in that way about Superman

- I highly doubt she has no weak points. Bodily strength,... does ot mean she wont have bad surprises in the future, like e.g. will the Kree blood be elpful for always? Will she be suscepitible to mind control or... We do not know her long enough to already know about her 'Kryptonite'.

- I too think the Kree's population is not free thinking, has not developed an own culture and ethical standard,....

I can even imagine the MCU might use that later on, per some sentences it was implied, that the Skrulls got hunted... for not bending their will

= maybe within the Krees as shown in the MCU are some other persons, groups of persons,... suppressed into service or are decedents of pressed into....

Not sure how far she was at that time aware of that suppressed detail, she has a lot to cope with in a rather short time.

She gets aware about getting misused by e.g. the 'Intelligence', lied to by all incl team, and even betrayed by her team-leader and ~ confidant / mentor.

Plus again someone did not only try to hold her back, but did actually add equipment, sessions,.. To reduce her to less than she is and less she is able.

= that might anger the average person, even more probably someone who is part of the tradition of the Air-Force (and as such military), with traditions of trust and mottos like Leave no man behind.

That is not a 'sudden turn on...' for simply deciding.... it’s a clash of 2 very much different personas/cultures... in one mind / heart.... 

Her natural persona, with she also longer lived with, will be stronger, even if farer away time-wise, for some of her thought-process won evaluations,.... but in actual stress situations the time-wise more near and as such more dominant/big... Kree-training in that explicit situations of high fighting stress will still play into her reactions a lot for now too.

She did not destroy ships, she destroyed one ship. She knows what to do to stop them from an all about attack. She could stop the first wave bcs it was send per one direction and time-wise near enough to take out a lot per the first ~ bomb. She would not be able to do the same, if they chose to spread out their ships and the shooting frequencies.

I mean, you are aware, infestation with Skrull means, they'll attack earth's population now too, or?

See how few of the Skrulls lived on the planet CM got caught by the Skrulls, they lived there as starving fugitives, but are still able to live without natives in / build the cities the Accuser bombed? All places with lights,... got bombed

Why you think there are 1000s of Krees on board of one of these ships I am not sure about.

During that mission Ronan was not Ronan 'The' Accuser like he was in GotG, but only 'an accuser', smaller ship....

Their ships are rather full of munitions / weapons, those are at least partly fully automated.

They do have a fighter squadron.

What was not shown (I think) was: were all ships the same?

Means all have fighter squadrons and weapons/munitions on board or are there differences between the ships?

Like one being more of a carrier, the other more of a ... ~ planet killer similar thing.

In the most RL and books and... military stories it’s usually a mix in sizes and specialization.

She might have known that and picked the ship accordingly, we not, as that is not important in general and to know for us IMHO.

Why? She is not a finalized person at that time, she has to find her limits first, means her power possibilities and how to use them, where her personal ethical limits will be - in the future. She had no time to develop those based on her earth persona, she does not get them piece per piece, and she has no mentor, exchange, upbringing,... that included how to deal with that situation.

She is military, has knowledge out of the history of humankind and Krees tactics,...

On the one hand she really enjoys it to let loose for the first time, she seems to be e.g. rather surprised to learn during the 100% state she can stop a ~ rocket per body slam....

On the other hand she does the action that will cost the least amount of lives on all sides per her demonstration = as said, a proven tactic to work in human's past, mixed with what she knows will have the highest chances to get the accusers moving out.... The method maybebe  not used by a being used to the ethics such powers might demand, but it surely is the method based on both of her military training.

I think some mix up those different roots for her actions.

Also why she acts in a certain way in general, as she is not army. In how to stand, act, but also how they fight.... An air-force is always more distanced, shoots from the distance,... behaves, judges, ... in another way.

I previously wondered how Fury was already at the bar when she arrived. 

Knowing about the motorbike theft lead to the search history on the computer which showed her looking up the bar. 

Also noticed this time that the Tesseract glows in the box when she’s in with The Intelligence. Proximity to the Tesseract possibly also helped her break free. 

• Like 2