Eric Duncan

CAPTAIN MARVEL WEEKEND THREAD l $153M DOM (3rd-biggest March opening), $455M WW (6th biggest WW opening) l Other weekend #s: Dragon 14.7, Madea 12, Lego 3.8, Alita 3.2

2 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

I don't know what your theaters are like, but I believe those attachments are intended for those with digital projections, or using digital files to broadcast the movie. Could be wrong though.

as opposed to all of the cinemas that are projecting Captain Marvel on film...

3 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Just thread-ban anyone doing this franchise stuff. 🧐😡

You have no power here!

Seriously, disappointing weekend.  Not single Weekend Thread threadban.  Shame on you all. 

• Astonished 1

1 minute ago, Nova said:

I will never ever forget the 45 minutes of previews I had to sit through before Deadpool at my local AMC.

My home base theater does 3, no more not less.  

And I totally understand!  I see a movie outside of that theater, and there’s more than three trailers, I’m always like wait we’re still going? 

Anyone who thinks CM won't clear 400M is fooling themselves. Disney will make sure that it passes the mark if there's need for help but doubtful. I think it'll go over comfortably. A cinemascore bodes well for legs. OS OW locked over 600M total and 700M is super likely. so yeah, this could challenge IM3.

1 hour ago, DMan7 said:

The Alita Challenge was successful the movie made 3.2M over the weekend. One step closer to the sequel. Thanks

Doubt it. Rumors of James Cameron is the owner of this movie, so now that Disney is buying out Fox, he may have to shop around for a new distributor.  It also makes me wonder what is up with Avatar. It's a Fox film as well, but while Disney is using ILM, James Cameron chose to work with Weta work shop.

2 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

You have no power here!

Seriously, disappointing weekend.  Not single Weekend Thread threadban.  Shame on you all. 

Less than 150 pages, dissapointing indeed. Ah well, this is just the appetizer before the Weekend Thread to end all Weekend Threads.

2 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

Show starts on time! It’s called being prompt! And we gotta make it to 300M somehow 😂

The thing is you are punished for being on time when you go to the cinema.

If you are on time, then you have to suffer through adverts, and your popcorn and food will be cold by the time the film starts, the ice in your drink will have melted and turned your coke into watery sick.

Should reward people for being on time not punish them.

I personally tend to arrive at the cinema about 3-5 minutes before the actual film starts, so usually about 20 minutes after the advertised start time. I get to skip all the trailers and if I buy popcorn it's still warm when I eat it.

• Like 1

Just now, captainwondyful said:

And I totally understand!  I see a movie outside of that theater, and there’s more than three trailers, I’m always like wait we’re still going? 

Nothing worse than showing up to my theater for a smaller film and expecting maybe 15 minutes worth of previews max and getting 25 minutes+. I feel like 3-4 trailers is a good amount because I know personally after that I just stop caring and then I actually forget all the trailers that end up playing anyways. Unless they really stand out or I had seen the trailer before. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

How cute.

Here you have no less than 15 trailers before a movie. And before that atleast 20 min of advertisement. Its FUN

• ...wtf 1

1 minute ago, Thanos Legion said:

Less than 150 pages, dissapointing indeed. Ah well, this is just the appetizer before the Weekend Thread to end all Weekend Threads.

May 10th can't get here fast enough! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Warhorse said:

Doubt it. Rumors of James Cameron is the owner of this movie, so now that Disney is buying out Fox, he may have to shop around for a new distributor.  It also makes me wonder what is up with Avatar. It's a Fox film as well, but while Disney is using ILM, James Cameron chose to work with Weta work shop.

they're not rumours, Jim bought the rights himself, they don't belong to Fox.

• Like 1

pikachu+with+money.jpg

Cant wait

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Avatree said:

It's not smart to suddenly out of nowhere not have adverts. Because audiences are used to a film starting say 30 mins after the advertised time, people will show up after the advertised time, and if no adverts then those people miss out on part of the film. not really fair on those people.

The cinemas always used to do advert>trailers>Movie, so I always turned up 15 mins late to skip the ads.

Now they got wise and do ads>trailers>ads> movie.

• Like 1

Just now, AndyK said:

The cinemas always used to do advert>trailers>Movie, so I always turned up 15 mins late to skip the ads.

Now they got wise and do ads>trailers>ads> movie.

Did you see that Cineworld advert a while ago that they played just before the film starts, with some insufferable talking animal eating popcorn and going "Ooh, ads! Oooh the trailers! Ooh, the ads!" like the cinema is having its popcorn and eating it right in front of you while laughing.

7 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

You have no power here!

That’s because you (and @CoolEric258) did an amazing job!

(And because everytime I was ready to go off, I just PM’d @Porthos.  So we can blame him for the lack of drama.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

Yeah, the hullabaloos when Endgame wins that weekend will be truly epic :ph34r:

the odds of Avengers beating Pikachu on OW are about a million to one.