Eric Duncan

CAPTAIN MARVEL WEEKEND THREAD l $153M DOM (3rd-biggest March opening), $455M WW (6th biggest WW opening) l Other weekend #s: Dragon 14.7, Madea 12, Lego 3.8, Alita 3.2

7 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

How cute.

Here you have no less than 15 trailers before a movie. And before that atleast 20 min of advertisement. Its FUN

You pay a premium at the Arclight, but you get 3 trailers max, people don’t get seated if they show up later than 5 minutes into the movie, and projection/sound are always very solid. 

• Thanks 2

40 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Box office Pro predicted a $14m opening and $41m total Dom.

That's with all their insider info and years of tracking experience.

They were were over 100% wrong.

Alita over AMATW will only be 40% wrong.

It's easy to laugh at predictions when you made none yourself.

That's rich coming from you Mr. $30-60m.  Way to give yourself PLENTY of room, lol.

Also, I guess I have to start bugging you more about our bet.  I let you have time to mourn, but you should just honor it and move on.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Avatree said:

The thing is you are punished for being on time when you go to the cinema.

If you are on time, then you have to suffer through adverts, and your popcorn and food will be cold by the time the film starts, the ice in your drink will have melted and turned your coke into watery sick.

Should reward people for being on time not punish them.

I personally tend to arrive at the cinema about 3-5 minutes before the actual film starts, so usually about 20 minutes after the advertised start time. I get to skip all the trailers and if I buy popcorn it's still warm when I eat it.

Sometimes I wish I had not skipped the 15-20 minutes of trailers, especially when the movie is called Transformer: The Last Knight or Mummy, because the pre-movie trailers might be the only part that's worth watching.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, mulderfox said:

In 3D computer animation looks way more real and alive while computer animation in 2D looks flat and cartoon like. So 3D all the way.

I can't remember the last time I saw an animated film in 3D, I might have watched Minions in 3D i am not sure, but I can see that if it's entirely digital creation then 3D might work.

Personally I feel 3D films look much more flat than 2D films.

Just now, Deep Wang said:

That's rich coming from you Mr. $30-60m.  Way to give yourself PLENTY of room, lol.

Also, I guess I have to start bugging you more about our bet.  I let you have time to mourn, but you should just honor it and move on.

plenty of room and he still got it wrong. :jeb!:

Edited by Avatree

Still haven't see a mega budget film like Alita do less than 100mil domestic and get a sequel despite grossing 400mil worldwide. The Mummy, Warcraft and Terminator Genisys didn't get sequels. Only Pacific Rim got a sequel and that sequel flopped and didn't break out in China like many claimed that it would. Heck, Tron Legacy isn't getting a sequel anytime soon either. What I'm saying is that I don't see Alita getting a sequel. 

4 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

That’s because you (and @CoolEric258) did an amazing job!

(And because everytime I was ready to go off, I just PM’d @Porthos.  So we can blame him for the lack of drama.)

Captain Marvel was the worst movie of the MCU. Kevin Feige, Disney and Marvel Studios should all be ashamed for releasing such SJW trite trash!!! 

Me trying to stir up drama with you :stirthepot:

• Thanks 1

The cinemas always used to do advert>trailers>Movie, so I always turned up 15 mins late to skip the ads.

This is what I usually do, but it backfired on me recently.  I went to see a movie in the Bahamas and there were no trailers at all!  I missed the first ten minutes of the movie!  :(

There really should be at least one or two trailers...

4 minutes ago, Nova said:

Captain Marvel was the worst movie of the MCU. Kevin Feige, Disney and Marvel Studios should all be ashamed for releasing such SJW trite trash!!! 

Me trying to stir up drama with you :stirthepot:

You forgot something about women are bad at directing, otherwise 10/10

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Still haven't see a mega budget film like Alita do less than 100mil domestic and get a sequel despite grossing 400mil worldwide. The Mummy, Warcraft and Terminator Genisys didn't get sequels. Only Pacific Rim got a sequel and that sequel flopped and didn't break out in China like many claimed that it would. Heck, Tron Legacy isn't getting a sequel anytime soon either. What I'm saying is that I don't see Alita getting a sequel. 

Terminator did get a sequel, its coming out later this year.

and ofc Pacific Rim did get to 100M.

But sure, I take your point. and your'e right Alita will not get a sequel.

1 hour ago, Johnny Tran said:

I am behind on the news.  Why was CM being 'trolled'?  How did it turn into something about incels and all that bullshit?  I don't remember Wonder Woman being trolled by angry white dudes unless it was some people who had a gripe with DC as a whole..   

What exactly spawned this 'outrage' that seemingly went nowhere?  Obviously nobody was going to actually boycott lol. 

Eh, every major Hollywood trade has been covering it for months. Heavy rotation the past three weeks.