Eric Duncan

Weekend Thread (3/15-3/17): Captain Marvel 68, Wonder Park 15.8, Five Feet Apart 13.2, Dragon 9.3, Madea 7.8

3 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Anyone seen that Ben Affleck Netflix film? Can’t remember what it’s called but I was wondering if it was worth checking out.

triple frontier? it has ben affleck, pedro pascal, oscar issacs, charlie hunnam and garrett hedlund even if it sucks i plan on fingering myself to it on mute

• Like 7
  • Astonished 4

5 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Anyone seen that Ben Affleck Netflix film? Can’t remember what it’s called but I was wondering if it was worth checking out.

it's pretty good. affleck is actually really good in it too.

• Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, DAJK said:

It isn't bad. There's about 20-30 mins where it gets really good and then it goes back to average. 

• Like 1

Hoping to catch a movie tonight. Anyone who's seen Greta or Captive State, those any good?

EDIT: Oh, maybe also The Upside. There's a theater near me still playing that

Edited by CoolEric258

3 hours ago, DAJK said:

Generally, I agree in the sense that if week after week everything is performing just as it was predicted to without any variation that box office can feel “stale”. However, I do like using opportunities like that to refine my abilities to follow the tracking metrics or even develop my own in order to hopefully become a better predictor. In that sense, it makes it even more exciting when something like Avatar or Black Panther or even to a lesser degree The Upside come around and defy traditional box office wisdom.

Hit the nail on the head! Observing trends and comparing them to past movies has been good for my box office education. In that sense it's good when movies follow a pattern. Then you'll have your movies that veer wildly of course and that's the point: no matter how good you are at box office you're not going to be able to predict those, unless you're an Rth or Charlie Jatinder with access to actual data).

• Like 2