sfran43

Wednesday numbers 3/20 | CM $4.57M

Just now, zapzapped said:

It doesnt matter what the days are if it doesnt hold. Im not saying it should or shouldnt have made more money im just pointing out that it made less.

It does. Welcome to the boards of course but the days on the calendar do indeed matter.

You will learn this in time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, LexJoker said:

Exactly. Its doing pretty much as expected since its OW. Did people really think it would be doing something crazy like $450M-$500M DOM?

I expected 600M dom. I thought 200M OW was done deal considering the hype that Disney created with obviously very expensive marketing. Don't know what happened. It opened in more theaters than BP. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Disbelief 1

4 minutes ago, zapzapped said:

It doesnt matter what the days are if it doesnt hold. Im not saying it should or shouldnt have made more money im just pointing out that it made less.

You really just took a bunch of words and threw them together, huh?! :winomg:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

39 minutes ago, zapzapped said:

Yikes. So 3 days straight of it making less than WW. I guess starting at day 11 on, WW will be closing the gap. Yikes.

Will the 10 day lead and money be enough to catch WW domestically. Or even 400M domestically.

Isn't it normal for a summer release to have stronger weekdays than a film released in March? Not taking anything away from Wonder Woman (which I love), and its success, but I think that CM doing less on its third Wednesday than WW did on its comparable date is simply what is supposed to happen due to WW being in the middle of summer. Right? 

• Thanks 1

Wonder if deadline will give early estimate for Us preview number tonight. They did for Halloween and Us is outpacing it on Fandango. 

Edit: I just remembered they were off by a bit for Halloween. Think it went from 10mil to 7.7m actual. 

Edited by EarlyDeadlinePredictions

Just now, zapzapped said:

Good to you know youre a troll if you think a movie wont make over 400M domestically.

No you appear trollish because you think you know something about the box office but youre actually clueless before a bunch of people here who do know something about the box office.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, zapzapped said:

Good to you know youre a troll if you think a movie wont make over 400M domestically.

I bite:

its not thinking it might not reach it, its the reasons given that sound borderline....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, XO21 said:

Could the trolls be more creative at least or I'm asking too much...

I can't imagine anyone complaining about these numbers though.  It's already outpacing Thor 3 by a good amount.

For whatever its worth, I thought CM was pretty ok-to-good.  It's in my head in the same space as Dr Strange.  It's not offensive to me in any way, it's not great either.  It showed me just enough that was new or interesting and didn't deviate too far from what's expected of the MCU.  It was fine.  😎

Today's MPAA report on global cinema-going and home entertainment spend reminds us that online subs overtook cable subs in 2018 BUT cable subs still generated more $$$

Our data indicates that Disney's live-action remakes have earned more than $4.85 billion worldwide to date. Next up: "Dumbo," which is marching towards a promising opening weekend at the box office. Read more by in :

estimates

Movie Distributor Gross Change Thtrs. Per Thtr. Total Gross Days
- (9) The LEGO Movie 2: The Secon… Warner Bros. $205,000 -28% 2,046 $100   $102,011,553 41
- (11) Isn’t it Romantic Warner Bros. $135,000 -33% 1,366 $99   $46,774,259 36
- (13) The Upside STX Entertainment $96,060 -33% 880 $109   $106,203,493 69
- (-) Spider-Man: Into The Spider… Sony Pictures $33,000 -20% 366 $90   $189,588,940 97
- (-) A Star is Born Warner Bros. $32,000 -30% 443 $72   $215,157,753 167