sfran43

Weekend Thread: weekend #s (Actuals) Dumbo $45.99M, Us $33.23M, CM $20.66M

https://deadline.com/2019/03/dumbo-box-office-results-disney-us-jordan-peele-weekend-1202584883/

Disney’s Dumbo‘s started its weekend romp with $2.6 million off showtimes that began at 6 PM on Thursday. Projections have been wild for the Tim Burton-directed pic, with tracking figuring between $50M-$60M, and recent buzz in the last couple of days that the movie could open in the $40M range.

Disney’s Cinderella made $2.3M back in mid-March 2015, repping 10% of her $23M Friday, and a $67.8M three-day.

Jungle Book bowed in the middle of April earned $4.2M in Thursday night previews, which was 13% of its $32M Friday, for a massive $103.2M opening weekend.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

I guess 2.6 is still a strong result, maybe not for a 170M movie but nonetheless it likely won’t be another huge Disney bomb. Sales in my city pointed to 3+ but the result we got is still pretty decent.

I think the goal for today should be above 13M, I don’t know if this plays frontloded on Friday or not, but if it can play like a regular kids film 13-15M should be good

• Like 1