CJohn

Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore | April 15, 2022 | Final Trailer on Page 75

7 minutes ago, Xavier said:

As expected, RT score is in free fall because of the hate bandwagon effect. They have just decided to hate on this movie. It should have been in the 70s. I don't believe WW box office will exceed 400 million.. Really too bad.

I don't think it's bandwagon effect, the audience scores are mediocre everywhere which indicates a consensus. And reviewbombing/bandwagoning isn't really possible for verified RT audience scores

84% VA RT score is all that matters.

A disaster. Probably a B/B+ Cinemascore. Franchise history + that reaction will probably lead a car crash second week drop.

Edited by AJG
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

52% critics on RT. 5.60 average. 

83% verified RT audience average. 4.2 average. 74% all audience with 3.8 average.

84% google user rating. 

3.0 on Letterboxd. 

IMDB is flawed system now but 6.6 with 15k votes.

These are not promising starts for opening night since it's mostly fan voting

just rowling haters lol

But she's lucky out of the bubble 95% of the population of the world doesn't know about what she thinks about sex and genders and she's even more lucky 97% of people in the real world agrees with her "extreme positions" LOL

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

1 hour ago, AJG said:

84% VA RT score is all that matters.

A disaster. Probably a B/B+ Cinemascore. Franchise history + that reaction will probably lead a car crash second week drop.

Funny thing is that the current 84% verified audience score is the highest out of the three movies thus far, and a big step up from Crimes of Grindelwald's score was in the mid 50s and even a step up from the first Fantastic Beasts score of 74%.

I'm thinking this could get an A- Cinemascore considering the increase with audience score this time around.  I don't see a 2nd week "car crash" drop nor one as bad as Morbius, I think it will remain relatively stable.

Edited by Gazer365

First two movies were released before RT introduced verified audience score.

But even without it "all audience" score is still a lot better than for The Crimes of Grindelwald.

Still in the Similar area as the first movie, but it's too early to tell.

Edited by WeThrones

8 minutes ago, Gazer365 said:

Funny thing is that the current 84% verified audience score is the highest out of the three movies thus far, and a big step up from Crimes of Grindelwald's score was in the mid 50s and even a step up from the first Fantastic Beasts score of 74%.

I'm thinking this could get an A- Cinemascore considering the increase with audience score this time around.  I don't see a 2nd week "car crash" drop nor one as bad as Morbius, I think it will remain relatively stable.

This new movie is the only one that's had a verified score. All other audience scores before 2019 are unmoderated, review bomb prone, messes and should be ignored.

83% Verified Audience score for a four quadrant blockbuster like this straight out of the gate is terrible, even though the number is higher than the old unmoderated Audience Scores for the previous films. It's a guaranteed B+ or worse CinemaScore.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, The Dark Rock said:

The RT score may end up similar to Crimes of Grindelwald. Even the IMDB rating is similar and even drop further. So much for the improvement. 

This may wind up around $300m WW.

IMDB and many sites have been bombarded with pro-Depp fans.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Critics reviews make no sense. The movie is clearly better than The Crimes of Grindelwald.

But thanks to all controversies, they want to kill this franchise. You can almost feel how they are rooting for its failure in their articles. Too much bad press around it. 

If WB announces fourth movie they will loose it.

Edited by WeThrones
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, The Dark Rock said:

The RT score may end up similar to Crimes of Grindelwald. Even the IMDB rating is similar and even drop further. So much for the improvement. 

This may wind up around $300m WW.

It seems pretty stabilized in the 50's with 150 reviews and an average of 5.60 out of 10. For every few rotten reviews there's a few fresh ones right behind them so I highly doubt it'll go dramatically lower or higher than where it is right now.

So if it earnes $45M, with the same legs as Eternals, it will mean above $100M domestic. 

With the same legs as The Crimes of Grindelwald it will be $115M. And with FB1 legs(almost completely impossible) $141M.

Part 1 earned 71% international and Part 2 75%. 

So if it performs exactly as COG, with same legs and same % domestic/international, it will earn $460M at the end. Probably less.

But $460M would probably mean that WB will green light fourth and final movie.