CJohn

Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore | April 15, 2022 | Final Trailer on Page 75

https://mobile.twitter.com/leaky/status/1183036942960734214 According to Dan Fogler filming will begin in February 2020. I suppose this makes sense, whatever script Rowling/WB has been working on should be done by now. Hopefully the extra time given will pay off in some way.

Edited by clockwork
  • Like 1

They needed the extra time to cram all the ideas they had for 3 more movies into one.

I assume Cursed Child Part 1 and 2 will be the Thanksgiving movies of 2025 and 2026.

400M OW fam. Believe.

Edited by CJohn

46 minutes ago, Felipe said:

Looks like Kravitz will be in FB3.

Her character was killed off in the last movie, so I'm not sure what this guy is talking about. The only way I could see her coming back is in flashbacks, but even that is pushing it. Seems like somebody has been misinformed. 

5 hours ago, clockwork said:

Her character was killed off in the last movie, so I'm not sure what this guy is talking about. The only way I could see her coming back is in flashbacks, but even that is pushing it. Seems like somebody has been misinformed. 

"That guy" is one of the top trade reporters in Hollywood, so he kinda knows what he's talking about...

Anyway, don't you know, death is the new life in Hollywood.  "No one's ever really gone..."  😉😂

3 hours ago, Noctis said:

Also...I'm surprised there have been no reports of any new casting whatsoever. 

I'm willing to bet that sometime in November we'll get some official announcement regarding FB3. The last time we got any big news was back in late April when they officially delayed the movie to 2021, so around 6 months of radio silence. They gotta tell us something soon I know that much.

4 minutes ago, clockwork said:

I'm willing to bet that sometime in November we'll get some official announcement regarding FB3. The last time we got any big news was back in late April when they officially delayed the movie to 2021, so around 6 months of radio silence. They gotta tell us something soon I know that much.

the studio are mentally preparing for the 1st Wizardry movie to gross below 100m total. 

2 hours ago, cax16 said:

If they're starting that early then initial filming should be done by the end of summer. I predict they're gonna bump up the release date from November to the last half of October 2021, most likely to get out ahead of Thor: Love and Thunder, make that money where they can.

Just now, Gazer365 said:

If they're starting that early then initial filming should be done by the end of summer. I predict they're gonna bump up the release date from November to the last half of October 2021, most likely to get out ahead of Thor: Love and Thunder, make that money where they can.

or they can move it up a week to 11/19 the usual spot for the first 2 FB movies. 

1 hour ago, John Marston said:

They must be hoping international numbers alone can hold this up because this is pulling a Dark Phoenix/Allegiant domestically 

I think Harry Potter has usually been more popular overseas than in the US. A lot of blockbusters/studios these days seem to be relying more and more on international audiences to bolster their numbers. I can't see this ending up like Dark Phoenix, that movie's box office shortcomings could be attributed significantly to the production issues, the whole Disney buying Fox ordeal, the continuous halting of releasing New Mutants(which we may never get to see). This air around the X Men Franchise recently has seemed turbulent, unstable, and this creating the storm that extinguished the phoenix.