Eric is Anxious

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

29 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

I think the first 2 hours had wonderful character work and interactions and the middle section was probably my favorite in the film.

Yeah, Acts 1 and 2 were my favorite.

16 minutes ago, PPZVGOS said:

When I was a teen, I wanted to believe that ROTJ is just a flawed masterpiece, that it was just the Ewoks that spoil an otherwise great Star Wars movie. 

But no, ROTJ is bad overall, almost Prequel Trilogy bad. 

Reminds me of an Episode from How I Met Your Mother when the main character was dating a woman who didn’t like the Ewoks or ROTJ

18 minutes ago, Ipickthiswhiterose said:

I'm gathering that the "Not as good as Infinity War" folks generally prefer narrative and pacing to character work.

If you prefer character work to narrative and pacing then Endgame will come off as better for you.

These are generalisations of course, but they seem to be the pattern. I suspect you have little to worry about so long as you like getting invested in characters.

Come on. I love both, Endgame probably just a notch below IW (8.9/10 vs 9.0/10). Yes, Endgame has more character development, but IW has lot too: THANOS, Thor, interaction of Avengers with GoTG, Tony vs Strange, Tony with SM.

In the heat of praising Endgame, let not forget the many good things people have said about A:IW, e.g Strange and SM in A:IW are even better than their solo (MCU) movies.

Spoiler

And I don't think Russo managed to do the same amazing job to Cap Marvel as they did to Strange and SM in A:IW. Not their fault, they have to put so much on O6.

And character development is not the all in all of a movie, apart from pacing, cleaner action scenes, one major win of A:IW over Endgame is

Spoiler

A:IW has by far the best villain in MCU. Thanos in Endgame pales so much in comparison that he is like mid-tier villain in MCU

Edited by justvision

Just now, CJohn said:

300M OW still not locked, but the record OW is going down. The MCU is the king. No doubt about this. 

Yeah, for all we know this could do the exact opposite of IW and be super front-loaded.  We just gotta wait and see.

Just now, Deep Wang said:

Yeah, for all we know this could do the exact opposite of IW and be super front-loaded.  We just gotta wait and see.

but if Presales are ahead of TFA and it just edged out TFA but not a huge margin, means there is a lot of presales for the rest of the weekend? 

IW tbh only feels like half glass full a lot of the time.

Endgame feels much more complete in that regard and thus imo superior.

Edited by cookie
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Lordmandeep said:

but if Presales are ahead of TFA and it just edged out TFA but not a huge margin, means there is a lot of presales for the rest of the weekend? 

Could just speak to how much reserved seating and online ticketing has really changed the landscape in 3.5 years.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, justvision said:

Come on. I love both, Endgame probably just a notch below IW (8.9/10 vs 9.0/10). Yes, Endgame has more character development, but IW has lot too: THANOS, Thor, interaction of Avengers with GoTG, Tony vs Strange, Tony with SM.

In the heat of praising Endgame, let not forget the many good things people have said about A:IW, e.g Strange and SM in A:IW are even better than their solo (MCU) movies.

My apologies if it came across as me criticising IW or implying the character work in it wasn't strong.

I enjoy both movies very much and myself wouldn't want to venture after only one viewing of Endgame which was stronger. 

It just seems based on my experiences that those who prefer one to the other *by a significant distance* seem to have those tendencies. 

Movie Thursday
Preview
(TP)
TP to FW
Multiplier
First
Weekend
(FW)
FW to DT
Multiplier
Domestic
Total