Eric Burnett

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

33 minutes ago, GirafficPark said:

This again. It will get as many viewers worldwide this weekend as EG will.

This is true. It was pirated a billion times.

It's why I wished HBO would decide to have a marathon of some sorts in the theaters in the future. I would love to see Hardhome and Battle of the Bastards on the big screen.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AJG said:

RANK THE MARVEL SOUNDTRACKS!!!!!!!

Endgame

Black Panther

Infinity War

The Theme from Ant-Man

The 60's theme from Spiderman

The Rest.

The first three on your list

Thor: Ragnarok

The Avengers

The Rest

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AJG said:

RANK THE MARVEL SOUNDTRACKS!!!!!!!

Endgame

Black Panther

Infinity War

The Theme from Ant-Man

The 60's theme from Spiderman

The Rest.

1. Avengers Assemble

2. Iron Man

3. Guardians of the galaxy

4. other ones

Pretty much all the Marvel films have very bland music that just sits in the background, functions in the film but completely unmemorable. I recall enjoying some of Guardians and Iron Man 1 score (dont remember what it is but I remember liking it) and I like the Avengers theme. Other than I wouldn't even know where to begin I literally have no idea what any of the music sounds like.

The only films with good music are the Guardians volumes.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Gonna be so weird when listening to the different Avengers scores cause Ultron is gonna stick out like a sore thumb though I did enjoy the parts Danny Elfman did, 

Ultron was the most disappointed I've been listening to a soundtrack. Where's the theme music? What's with all this 'Russian' inspired nonsense?

8 minutes ago, Avatree said:

it's not about being "garbage", happens all the time that films get chucked out of cinemas in place of other films. Just annoying for it to happen so quickly to what is quite a big film budget wise. i should have done it opening weekend.

Its most-watched day was still under $5mil. The narrative that it was just critics rejecting it and not audiences at that point is false

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Box Office Freak said:

We have not yet reached the same number of pages on this thread as the number of millions this movie has made domestically opening weekend. 

Think about that

we will reach it before the actual weekend numbers are in.

1 minute ago, SweeneySwift said:

Its most-watched day was still under $5mil. The narrative that it was just critics rejecting it and not audiences at that point is false

who said audiences don't like it? i know everyone hated it. I just personally I wanted to see it as I like the character of hellboy, enjoy the Guillermo films and wanted to see next one.

i love cap's theme. shame it never really got a lot of airtime beyond his first movie. silvestri sneaks it into his avengers scores here and there but coulda gone harder on it for sure.

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 5

Ultron did 27.6 million in previews (way below DH2 record) and it's true Saturday was flat from Friday and down 33% from Friday including previews.

End Game beat Star Wars all time record holiday previews of 60 day million, shattered the Friday record by over 35 million and then the True Saturday after that went up over 12%. End Game is nothing like Ultron

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

I haven't been interested in box office for a while, count on Avengers to reel me back in.

Pretty great to be back here for this incredible weekend. I still remember the awesomeness of following The Avengers weekend thread here years ago and how exciting that was ("Not a record!" LOL).

What an awesome movie and what a wonderful way to wrap up the first decade plus of the MCU. Totally historic weekend.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i love cap's theme. shame it never really got a lot of airtime beyond his first movie. silvestri sneaks it into his avengers scores here and there but coulda gone harder on it for sure.

But yay we got Henry Jackman instead....

though I actually like the Winter Soldier score for what it was trying to accomplish 

3 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i think that was a victim of time. lol it would've sounded bizarre in a movie like winter soldier...

To all the DC haters here saying 

”DC can’t this and can’t that.” The problem with DC was never their characters. They have just as many intriguing characters as Marvel, and 2 of the most iconic heroes ever/historically. DC is being held captive by WB who weren’t patient and who didn’t have a plan and didn’t hire the right people (IE they should’ve hired the DC animated team to work on the film universe with a Feige esque figure quarterbacking it. They hired..*gulp* - Zack Snyder).DC can still deliver really good to great movies that are well received critically (WW and Shazam) and commercially(Aquabro) but the ship sailed in terms of competing with Marvel’s Cinematic Universe.  MCU got bought by Disney and Disney basically said “have at it.” Marvel Studios, thru bumps and bruises early and some stumbling?  Stayed the course and it paid off repeatedly by stayjng true to what they planned. And they got RDJ as the glue and delivered solid casting across the board. 

Edited by jaybox
  • Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

11 minutes ago, Avatree said:

it's not about being "garbage", happens all the time that films get chucked out of cinemas in place of other films. Just annoying for it to happen so quickly to what is quite a big film budget wise. i should have done it opening weekend.

Theaters aren't going to get rid of a movie that is making them money.  This wasn't making anyone any money, why keep it around when literally anything else could do better.

I'm not a booker(always wanted to be, seems pretty cool), but I imagine there's a model they follow that is based on each films gross + the cost of the rental, and then they compare it to the new releases and base what they keep and get rid of on something like that.  

• Like 1