Eric the Ape

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

8 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

230 pounds (104.3 KG)

160 pounds (72.58 KG)

still no idea... lol. need to convert to stone.

16 stone to 11 and a half stone ? wow that's amazing. Well done.

5 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Unforgotten:

lmao that's great, don't know how I missed that upon release.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Box Office Freak said:

I wonder what the industry is thinking about Endgame's box office...

What kind of copycats will this movie inspire?

If they get started on production now and pull off 21 successfully movies in a row, they can have their own Endgame around 2032 or so :hahaha:   

Spoiler

Unless they fumble on #22, which is quite possible. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

No, Endgame would have more likely had smaller opening weekend and better legs (marginally better final gross).

The OW is determined by (1) hype, (2) cliffhanger from AIW, and (3) desire to avoid spoliers of the ending of an era. It has nothing to do with which month it comes out. Endgame will make as much Dec as it is in April.

And then it would have a better leg due to lesser competition.

Just now, Thanos Legion said:

If they get started on production now and pull off 21 successfully movies in a row, they can have their own Endgame around 2032 or so :hahaha:   

Reveal hidden contents

In fact, the next Endgame will be from... Marvel Studios. You can expect it around the late 2020s

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Deja23 said:

Some of you need to relax. The movie is making an unprecedented amount of money this weekend. Enjoy it. All this bickering about what where it’ll end up is getting old fast. Sure, it’s not impossible for Endgame to beat TFA/Avatar, but it’s not easy or likely either. It’s actually very unlikely because the movie will be frontloaded, A+ CinemaScore/great GA, fan and critic reception. I definitely think it’s too early to make judgements about where it’ll end up. The way some of you are acting, it’ll be a disappointment at $800m/$2.5b...which is ridiculous.

It will be disappointment because its THE last chance to beat Jim at the top

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Tom Cruise must at least be happy that nobody blamed him for that disaster.

are you being sarcastic? Sorry i cant tell.

He got plenty of the blame for making poor decisions in the development and production.

51 minutes ago, #ED said:

HBO is expecting record ratings for tonight’s episode but I’m not sure that would affect too much guys. Come on.

17.5 million households, anywhere from 1 to 4 people per household. You do the math. 

51 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I'll never say never but it wouldn't shock me if Endgame at the end of the day was more frontloaded than Infinity War. 

I seen this movie twice. Let me just say, I seen more people walking out of the theater a little let down than pumped. First time, I went with a party of 13 people, some fanboys and one considered a general audience, and nobody walked away happy. I went again last night with my mom. She enjoyed the movie, but as I was leaving, I was hearing quite a few murmurs from the audience about how it didn't feel right, that it was missing something. IW was more fun, and had great interactions with Tony, Thor, Peter, GOTG and Stephen Lang. End Game didn't have that to be honest. I seriously feel that it was Thor's arc and the whole thing between Tony, GOTG and Peter that made Infinity War so rewatchable, and well, End Game dropped the ball in my opinion concerning these characters. End Game had one scene in it that had me pumped, but other than that, the movie was kind of depressing. I'm more than likely wrong, and I sure as hell can't foresee what this film will be like just from my personal experience. But, I won't be surprised if in the end, the movie starts to perform more like Age of Ultron by it's third week after the newness wears off. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Disbelief 2

3 minutes ago, Avatree said:

He got plenty of the blame for making poor decisions in the development and production.

I'd say he got a little too much blame. I do hope that The Mummy's failure killed that hack director's career. 

Edited by Zakiyyah6

10 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Marvel's secret are likable characters and a mostly solid film surrounding those characters. You can't make a successful universe if people don't give a shit about the characters. Nobody wanted to see more of Tom Cruise's awful character in that awful Mummy movie. 

Yeah, everyone loves these characters so much at this point you're allowed some missteps or meh movies cause people will still turn up to see their faves. But that has to be established at the beginning.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, justvision said:

The OW is determined by (1) hype, (2) cliffhanger from AIW, and (3) desire to avoid spoliers of the ending of an era. It has nothing to do with which month it comes out. Endgame will make as much Dec as it is in April.

And then it would have a better leg due to lesser competition.

You are correct but movies released in December (especially around the holidays) have historically had softer opening weekends with overall grosses boosted by legs simply because most folks have a week off from school/work and the New Years off as well. 

4 minutes ago, Warhorse said:

17.5 million households, anywhere from 1 to 4 people per household. You do the math. 

I seen this movie twice. Let me just say, I seen more people walking out of the theater a little let down than pumped. First time, I went with a party of 13 people, some fanboys and one considered a general audience, and nobody walked away happy. I went again last night with my mom. She enjoyed the movie, but as I was leaving, I was hearing quite a few murmurs from the audience about how it didn't feel right, that it was missing something. IW was more fun, and had great interactions with Tony, Thor, Peter, GOTG and Stephen Lang. End Game didn't have that to be honest. I seriously feel that it was Thor's arc and the whole thing between Tony, GOTG and Peter that made Infinity War so rewatchable, and well, End Game dropped the ball in my opinion concerning these characters. End Game had one scene in it that had me pumped, but other than that, the movie was kind of depressing. I'm more than likely wrong, and I sure as hell can't foresee what this film will be like just from my personal experience. But, I won't be surprised if in the end, the movie starts to perform more like Age of Ultron by it's third week after the newness wears off. 

I've seen it three times and that is the exact opposite of my experience. All 3 times people were pumped and gave it a standing ovation at the end.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Avatree said:

Just now, Zakiyyah6 said:

I'd say he got a little too much blame. I do hope that The Mummy's failured killed that hack director's career. 

Maybe but that failure felt like it was more on the studio for putting out such an ill-advised project. Plus his performance was very phoned in. One of the very few times where it felt like he completely sleepwalked through a movie really.

1 minute ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I'd say he got a little too much blame. I do hope that The Mummy's failure killed that hack director's career. 

well who will ever know how much blame is appropriate. but yeah lot of people put blame on Cruise.

As for alex kurtzman, I doubt very much his career is dead, Kurtzman/Orci have too good a CV to have their careers go badly.

Just now, Avatree said:

well who will ever know how much blame is appropriate. but yeah lot of people put blame on Cruise.

As for alex kurtzman, I doubt very much his career is dead, Kurtzman/Orci have too good a CV to have their careers go badly.

Both of them have pretty much disappeared. Kurtzman is the EP of Star Trek: Discovery and I don't even know what Orci is doing.

38 minutes ago, Nova said:

Thanks for the laughs this morning guys. So we are gonna sit here and act like a week or two week ago, even with insane presales, that we knew $360M was gonna happen? An opening over IW by $100M+? $300M wasn't even a guarantee. So let's just stop with the nonsense. I swear. The bigger the numbers get for movies, the more ridiculous some people on here get with what they write. 

No it’s just Avatree being his usual idiotic self. He posts really stupid crap all the time.