Eric Loves Rey

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

7 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

You might be right. 

But I think it’s the best comparison as it’s the only movie in recent memory that was as anticipated. 

The question we all have is whether it’ll be frontloaded. What better film to compare it to than the movie that was as anticipated upfront and also murdered the OW record? 

I can’t see it getting TFA multiplier, sure. But at $360 OW it doesn’t need to! Lol. 

I agree. December not easy to compare to right now since TFA had holidays which gave it such good legs. I don't think if TFA had opened in April it would do anywhere near as well.

2 minutes ago, Avatree said:

ive no idea what 230 or 160 means but I try to go to the gym every day, usually fail but try all the same. and eat what i want but make sure to cover my fruit and also have some eggs every day as theyre good forf yuou.

230 pounds (104.3 KG)

160 pounds (72.58 KG)

Some of you need to relax. The movie is making an unprecedented amount of money this weekend. Enjoy it. All this bickering about what where it’ll end up is getting old fast. Sure, it’s not impossible for Endgame to beat TFA/Avatar, but it’s not easy or likely either. It’s actually very unlikely because the movie will be frontloaded, A+ CinemaScore/great GA, fan and critic reception. I definitely think it’s too early to make judgements about where it’ll end up. The way some of you are acting, it’ll be a disappointment at $800m/$2.5b...which is ridiculous.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Nova said:

Also I just want to point out that nothing in the OW multiplier indicates End Game will be front loaded or that there was a "fan rush," to go out and see it. As crazy as it is, the movie is playing on par with other Marvel films. It also has an A+ cinemascore and everyone I know who has watched it has had praise for it. So I don't see why a 2.8x multiplier would be hard for it to get. 

Avatar fanboys are in denial.. They are going as far as attacking my brain cells 😂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I'm not sure if the actual mechanics behind IF have helped me but certainly it cuts down on snacking/overeating, once I make it to 5pm that's me done for the day no exceptions. Lost 2 and a half stones since September.

Hell yeah that's awesome! I think it helps in regards to everything. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nova said:

Hollywood did try. It's called BvS. *And mods I'm not trying to start a fan war or whatever. Just pointing out that a studio within Hollywood did attempt to replicate the Avengers. 

I wonder why it's so hard to make a cinematic universe stick. What's the secret sauce? Is it RDJ

1 minute ago, Nova said:

Hollywood did try. It's called BvS. *And mods I'm not trying to start a fan war or whatever. Just pointing out that a studio within Hollywood did attempt to replicate the Avengers. 

I wonder why it's so hard to make a cinematic universe stick. What's the secret sauce? Is it RDJ

1 minute ago, Deja23 said:

Some of you need to relax. The movie is making an unprecedented amount of money this weekend. Enjoy it. All this bickering about what where it’ll end up is getting old fast. Sure, it’s not impossible for Endgame to beat TFA/Avatar, but it’s not easy or likely either. It’s actually very unlikely because the movie will be frontloaded, A+ CinemaScore/great GA, fan and critic reception. I definitely think it’s too early to make judgements about where it’ll end up. The way some of you are acting, it’ll be a disappointment at $800m/$2.5b...which is ridiculous.

its likely but yeah we will have to wait and see

1 Star Wars: The Force Awakens BV $936,662,225 2015
2 Avatar Fox $760,507,625 2009^
3 Black Panther BV $700,059,566 2018
4 Avengers: Infinity War BV $678,815,482 2018
5 Titanic Par. $659,363,944 1997^
6 Jurassic World Uni. $652,270,625 2015
7 Marvel's The Avengers BV $623,357,910 2012
8 Star Wars: The Last Jedi BV $620,181,382 2017
9 Incredibles 2 BV $608,581,744 2018
10 The Dark Knight WB $535,234,033 2008^

After 11 years, The Dark Knight will not be in the Top 10 DOM anymore :(@MrPink

• Sad 4

6 minutes ago, Box Office Freak said:

Long term commitment and a property diverse enough people will actually give a shit about multiple different interconnected movies.

And being good helps.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Deja23 said:

I think it's unknown. Could do 850 could do 1 billion. No one knows.

3 minutes ago, Box Office Freak said:

Making good movies that people want to see helps. The Mummy two years ago was supposed to launch Universal's Dark Universe and after the movie sucked and flopped they cancelled the whole thing after just one movie.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Making good movies that people want to see helps. The Mummy two years ago was supposed to launch Universal's Dark Universe and after the movie sucked and flopped they cancelled the whole thing after just one movie.

Unforgotten:

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, jaybox said:

I was literally championing Force Awakens a few days ago literally saying that once Endgame passes 935.million I’ll concede and say MCU > Star Wars in the US hinting that I didn’t think it would happen. it just opened to  360 frigging million dollars. It has an a+ score. Marvel fans and general audiences seem to love it. Hell, I was disappointed in the first 2 hours, and still gave the movie a 8/10 due to that last hour and would still see it again. 

Force Awakens has basically been snapped out of existence. It’s a question of whether this can approach 1 billion. 

A movie with 936M DOM gross can't be snapped out of existence, I know we are all championing Marvel and Endgame here but it should not come at the expense of other legendary runs.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, cookie said:

A2 isn't even guaranteed to do what the first one did.

Though since it's now a Disney movie...

Ssshh.. the Jim Gang in BOT (maybe except JamesCameronScholar) hates Disney. Lol

Edited by UserHN

12 minutes ago, Box Office Freak said:

Patience and conviction. This was a huge 11 year buildup that couldve gone wrong at any point along the way. But they had a vision and stuck to it. DC in particular is too reactionary, we're gonna be on our 3rd Batman and Superman in the last decade. There's no continuity.

Edited by Richard Carducci
  • Like 2

Marvel's secret are likable characters and a mostly solid film surrounding those characters. You can't make a successful universe if people don't give a shit about the characters. Nobody wanted to see more of Tom Cruise's awful character in that awful Mummy movie. 

• Like 1