Eric the Ape

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

1 minute ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

I still don't think Avatar WW is in play. This has to be frontloaded... A bit at least. With kind of weekend. No knock on it.

Even if it is front loaded Avatar WW is still in play.

• Like 9

Just now, JohnnyGossamer said:

I still don't think Avatar WW is in play. This has to be frontloaded... A bit at least. With kind of weekend. No knock on it.

But thats the thing — with this OW, it can be frontloaded on all markets and still pass Avatar :circles:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

I mean it's possible but with a cinemscore like that....

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I CANT.  THE SPOILERS WOKE ME UP

If it makes you better most the spoilers I saw turned ought to not be quite what they seemed.

Except for Pinks of course.

• Haha 3
  • Astonished 2
  • Disbelief 2

1 minute ago, AndyLL said:

If it makes you better most the spoilers I saw turned ought to not be quite what they seemed.

Except for Pinks of course.

@MrPink

sorry I have to tag him. End of the line and all that shit.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, oMeriMombatti said:

Can someone please explain 357M stuff to me?? It feels like I am missing out on something. Thanks in advance :)

Would be exactly 100 million more then IW's opening weekend.

• Like 2

Just now, oMeriMombatti said:

Can someone please explain 357M stuff to me?? It feels like I am missing out on something. Thanks in advance :)

Avengers made $207m. Infinity War made $257m. They wanted Endgame to do $307m but now they’re skipping straight to $357m lol 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 3

9 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

It's massively frontloaded. Not just a bit, people want to see it OW so they don't get spoiled. This is a massive event film, I would say the biggest similarity is Deathly Hallows with Harry Potter. Yes I know it's making a sh*t ton more then that movie. But it was a finale and the 2nd weekend drop off of said finale was over 68%

2nd weekend is gonna be telling could be a normal Marvel drop off like 50-55% or it could be higher because of how heavily frontloaded it is with Disney going for that opening weekend record. 

It's gonna be a very interesting week.

Edited by Cappoedameron
  • ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 1

1 minute ago, AndyLL said:

Just got back.  Great movie.

However I might like IW a little better.  I'd decide for sure after my 2nd watch tomorrow

I....actually might agree. Even though I think this movie is brilliant, I also think that about IW and I think IW may just have a slight edge over it. But I'll also have to see this again. 

Just now, VenomXXR said:

Avengers made $207m. Infinity War made $257m. They wanted Endgame to do $307m but now they’re skipping straight to $357m lol 

I was a bit sad when it was clear that it would be 315+ — “oh no, won’t be 307, tradition is broken for sure.”   

Then the 350 news hit, and aside from my mind breaking the tradition was live again.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Cappoedameron said:

It's massively frontloaded. Not just a bit, people want to see it OW so they don't get spoiled. 

2nd weekend is gonna be telling could be a normal Marvel drop off like 50-55% or it could be higher because of how heavily frontloaded it is with Disney going for that opening weekend record. 

I can think of at least one reason you're so invested in it being frontloaded. 🙃

• Haha 4

Just now, Cappoedameron said:

It's massively frontloaded. Not just a bit, people want to see it OW so they don't get spoiled. 

Demand pushed the ow record - not Disney. Theaters weren't going to leave money on the table

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Demand pushed the ow record - not Disney. Theaters weren't going to leave money on the table

Yes because it's an event finale film. Demand won't be as high next week when the GA have already seen said finale. Marvel films get a 50-55% drop off rate traditionally. Is this gonna be like that, lower, or higher. We'll have to find out.

Edited by Cappoedameron

And here are some more Avengers - Endgame results:
UNITED STATES:
The starting day is currently estimated at $ 157 million (including $ 60 million previews), the previous day's record for Star Wars VII was $ 119.1 million (including $ 57 million previews). Worst case scenario for the start weekend is now $ 325 million, Best Case $ 350 million!
China:
On Friday, the Fourqel entered another $ 62.6 million and stands after three days at $ 217 million (28.1 million visitors). Here, too, is expected with a result until Sunday on the $ 300 million mark.
South Korea:
$ 8.4 million and 1,046,709 visitors on Friday boosted the 3-day earnings to $ 22.9 million and 3,218,346 visitors.
Italy:
After only three days, A4 is the highest-grossing film of the year, with € 11,982,377 with 1,554,807 visitors. That is already 64% and 59% of the final result of A3!

Out of Insidekino.com News area