Eric Duncan

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

As a person who is NOT a Marvel stan and feels literally zero emotional attachment to what is going on (aside from Holy Mother of God), I feel I can get away with some shit stirring.

Is this the most impressive box office performance since Titanic's fourteen week reign at #1?

Or is it even more impressive all things considered?

To me, I never ever thought I would see something more impressive than that.

Until today.

I'm honestly not sure which is more impressive, as they're impressive in very different ways.  But that I'm even thinking that the only thing that comes close to this is... Well, I'd like to see some opinions on this.  Might help sharpen my thinking on this.

They can be and are both impressive in their own right. As you said they are 2 separate things and as such not really comparable. 

Imagine a movie with an opening like this and a run like that. Now that would be impressive. 

But seriously I think one way you can determine how impressive something is, is by seeing by how much it goes over peoples average predictions

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

If $349m holds, it'll be the largest percentage increase on the previous OW record since ROTJ (36 years).

I hate to rain on the parade, but while a huge increase, this statistic is incorrect. If $349M is its weekend gross, that represents a ~35.5% increase from the previous OW record (Infinity War's $257.7M).

After Return of the Jedi's massive 60% increase from the previous record holder ('Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan'):

- In 1989, Batman set the new OW record, which was a 37.4% increase from the previous record holder, Ghostbusters II.

- In 1997, The Lost World: Jurassic Park set a new record that was a 36.6% increase from the previous record holder, Batman Forever.

Endgame would have to hit about $354.3M for the weekend to be the largest increase from the previous record holder since Return of the Jedi in 1983. Clearly still possible that it could do this, which is mind-blowing. 

Peace,

Mike

Edited by MikeQ
  • Like 14

1 minute ago, MikeQ said:

I hate to rain on the parade, but while a huge increase, this statistic is incorrect. If $349M is its weekend gross, that represents a ~35.5% increase from the previous OW record (Infinity War's $257.7M).

After Return of the Jedi's massive 60% increase from the previous record holder ('Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan'):

- In 1989, Batman set the new OW record, which was a 37.4% increase from the previous record holder, Ghostbusters II.

- In 1997, The Lost World: Jurassic Park set a new record that was a 36.6% increase from the previous record holder, Batman Forever.

Endgame would have to hit about $354.3M for the weekend to be the largest increase from the previous record holder since Return of the Jedi in 1983. 

Peace,

Mike

No worries @VenomXXR just made a typo. He meant $357M 

Everyone knows it’ll be 357M

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

If Endgame makes 350M opening weekend that alone would rank number 50 all time at the domestic Box Office. It’s opening Day is inside the top 20 for opening weekends. Unprecedented

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

My local AMC is playing EG a total of 52 times on Saturday (not counting the Friday midnight and late night shows). Here's the Dolby screen which is showing the film at 8 am, 12 pm, 4 pm, 8 pm and 12 am on Saturday with the same times for Sunday except there is no 12 am showing Sunday night/Monday morning. The first pic is the Sat 8 am show followed by the Saturday night/ Sunday morning 12 am show and then the Sunday 8 am show.

etFWdns.png

x2kzRCA.png

XYHDSlV.png

• Like 1
  • Astonished 2

10 minutes ago, Ithil said:

No.

10 minutes ago, Mulder said:

No not allowed as said in the title thread.

8 minutes ago, MattW said:

I think this is what you're looking for:

5 minutes ago, BoilingHotCoffee said:

Reveal hidden contents

Thanks!

• Haha 1