sfran43

Weekend Thread: Endgame 40.6M Friday, 61-62.5m Sat (per Asgard p.49)

I think all movies with surprise hits in the first outing will have their sequels significantly decrease from their first outings. 

JUMANJI 2/3 : SUB 200m

PETS2 : SUB 300m

IT2 : SUB 200m

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I can see $400M DOM especially of how weak the summer of 2020 looks.

yes. June 2020 looks very weak. It will basically have the entire month to itself

Edited by Alli

3 minutes ago, tawasal said:

I think all movies with surprise hits in the first outing will have their sequels significantly decrease from their first outings. 

JUMANJI 2/3 : SUB 200m

IT2 : SUB 200m

Why would these two drop so hard?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

The Big 4 of Disney, A:EG, TLK, Frozen 2 and SW:TRS might cross $3 Billion on their own when no studio has grossed $2.5 Billion till date. ffs Captain Marvel might end up as below average Disney film in 2019, ignoring Pennguins and I don't think any non-Disney film is beating CM this year.

I believe this to be true, and even some of the Disney movies you mentioned might not pass CM's domestic total. 

3 minutes ago, John Marston said:

give Endgame an Oscar campaign re release and that could push it over TFA

Endgame unfortunately isn’t Oscar worthy though. :-(. The first two hours ruin those hopes. I think it still beats Force Awakens domestically

Edited by jaybox

Just now, Charlie Jatinder said:

I mentioned 4 Disney films. On which film are you taking your chances. :sparta:

The only one with a chance to not outgross CM domestic for me is FROZEN 2, Frozen might beat as successful as the original but still come close to 430m and not beat CM. 

3 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Jumanji seems like one time fluke.

IT 2, I liked original but I am not really interested for adult part. If it was kids movie again, I would have been excited. 

deadline said that friday is 41.2 and they updated their w without saturday numbers to 148.5 

just thought that maybe you would like to know

Edited by john2000
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, tawasal said:

The only one with a chance to not outgross CM domestic for me is FROZEN 2, Frozen might beat as successful as the original but still come close to 430m and not beat CM. 

I was on same level before trailer but trailer did trick for me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

IT 2, I liked original but I am not really interested for adult part. If it was kids movie again, I would have been excited. 

Why would IT 2 drop $130m+?? Pennywise is still an iconic character, and it's not like the property is forgotten about in that regard. Also, it's the second half of the story, why would more than 1/3 of the audience choose to skip it? 

4 minutes ago, TMP said:

Why would these two drop so hard?

1 minute ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Charlie basically answers for me. What contributed to those movies box office success was due to their uniqueness and originality, but repeating that same formula might not be enough, they have to be better than both of their previous movies and put something refreshingly new to the table for the audience to chew on for repeated viewings. 

• Like 2